My New Fire Fighter Gas rigger

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gstrbmech

Ok, I just got a new Fire Fighter gas rigger and this is my first gas rigger. So inpreperation for getting this I went and bought all the hardwear like I normally woould. Now I got it last night and figured out that the strut mount and the rudder mount just wont fit on the same transom. There just isnt enough room. I bought SpeedMaster Hardwear. The strut is for a 1/4 in shaft(because all my props are 1/4. Any pointers would be greatly apreciated. I guess I am going to have to mill my own stuff. Let me know the secrets guys. and thanks for the help. Navy Dave

Dave you will have to mill , cut or grind the angle brackets at the top or the bottom and drill 2 new holes , 1 in each bracket

Thants what I figured so I started milling a new set of brackets, well intill I blew a fuse on the stand up mill. So I should use the normal rudder set up right? Are you guys using a stand off because without one the rudder will hit the inside of the rear sponsons. what is the lenght of the stand off you guys are using?

Dave,

wasn't there any instructions from Tom regarding hardware and setup for his FF gas rigger?

Dan.

I didnt build this boat I got it premade for me, so unfortunitaly I didnt get all the set up info to go along with the boat so I will be doing a lot of trial and error (mostly error) thats why I am asking so many questions.

Dave , i'v never heard anybody comlaining about any transom and hardware mounting problems , i think who ever built the boat went away from the plans and made some mods to the boat , but i could be wrong , i've never owned on , maybe Tom will chime in with some info for you.

I bought just your standard speed master hardwear. I am not sure if there are any mods that were made or not. I will take some measurements tonight and post them. I know the rubber snubbers for the engine mount have a strange set up. there is a "cone type thing" that is attached to the outside of the tub and the snubbers are actually half in the tub and half outof the Tub?

pics guys .... its so easy .. just make a picture of what you got and show it ! so easy to understand ...

Jeroen

Yes post some pics , it sounds like you have a 4'' tub with a 5'' motor mount , and you transom height isn't rite either , if this boat was built with mods that were never tested or mitakes you may have a boat that will give you alot of grief.

I would get a set of plans and check all the measurements and angles.

Hi Dave,

If you have a 4" tub it should be approx 4 1/4" inside and 4 3/4" outside the back of the tub should be approx 2 1/4" at the transum, the sponson should be approx 2 1/2 " past the transum, I saw another post about this on another forum, the answer was to use only 1 side of the bracket or make a new one to fit.

Alan

Ok guys, the boat inside width is 4in, the transom height is 4 and 1/8thin and the tallest spot is 2 and 3/4in. I am including a photo. let me know what other photos you would like to see. and Guys thanks for all your help and pointers.

IMGA0233.JPG

Ok guys, the boat inside width is 4in, the transom height is 4 and 1/8thin and the tallest spot is 2 and 3/4in. I am including a photo. let me know what other photos you would like to see. and Guys thanks for all your help and pointers.
dave pm roxyflash on here , he is the one that built it and he knows the mount numbers you ned from carlos at cc racing, he told me before and i cannot remember. if i see him in chat i will let you know and ask him what they are, it will be a bolt on deal and wil fit right , bruce builds nice stuff and it is one of his builds. thanks

terry

Latest posts

Back