MAC 21 FOOT!!!!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waterbug

Guys,

Since OS is discontinuing the outboard. Wouldn't that be a good foot for the MAC. Maybe with a 7.5 flex shaft for any durability problems!! Inlarge the motor base at the top of the foot to fit the MAC !!!!

;D

ANDY BROWN WHERE ARE YOU !?!?!?!?

Butch, I asked that same question earlier in the year, but got mixed responses. I think the os foot would be a great lower end to use with aftermarket engines, it wouldnt take a whole lot to make it work. I left Andy a question on his Q&A forum on his website about the MAC outboard but have not heard back from him yet.

~ James

I rather suspect Andy Brown designed the MAC 21 to fit on either a K&B 3.5 lower unit or the one from Fred Howe at R Manufacturing.

It would probably take some serious "adaptor kitting" to make the MAC 21 OB fit on an O.S. lower unit.

Jerry D.

Gabe,

He could get the foots from OS, without the OS emblem, & have a legal stock engine.

I'v been thinking about that OS foot. Why couldn't you machine the mount plate down and add a .80-.100-.125 ths plate mount to it !! Countersink the screw heads. Dosen't someone make custom length flex cables ? I think I remember reading that in this forum some where !!! Then you wouldn't have to machine the mount . Just add the plate with countersunk screw holes, and the longer shaft. That would be the best !!

;D : :) ;D

I think with the resources Andy and MAC have they could produce an entire engine for the outboard class. there was talk on another forum about them making a complete unit, however we will have to wait and see what happens, Andy has to be pretty tight lipped about everything until everything gets worked out to avoid misinformation, that I understand. Time will tell. until then Ill be playing with my os and k&b engines that I have. I think the O.S. will make a good platform but there will need to be some modifying.....It can be done.

not sure about the custom cable length, but that would make it completely possible and much easier if we could get cables longer than stock, you would only need 0.125 or at the most 0.250 extra length??

GOOD QUESTION WHERE IS ANDY, LAST I HEARD THE MAC 21 POWERHEAD WAS DUE OUT MID FEB. I HAVENT HEARD OF ANYONE GETTING ONE YET. HAS ANYBODY HEARD WHEN THEY MIGHT BE OUT. ???

TOM.

It would be great if he could make a complete engine w/lower end. It would save the stock -OPC class. My only fear is the price!

The price is like the inboard 21, it will have to be a lot faster than the Nova Rossi, Rossi's to get the money.

But it don't bother some people as long as it's the best. Might be a boom in 7.5. You can get the Rossi for 310.00. We'll just have to wait an see!!!! Hope it will be resonable, if he gets it cheaper than the NR & R, he'll sell a lot of them !!! Getting the complete engine with foot a few dollars more than the K&B's would be great, but not likely !!!!! :- :-

" IF YOU WANT TO PLAY YOU"VE GOT TO PAY "

Hey Tim how about those custom length flex shafts?? .125-.250+ for the OS.

Latest posts

Back