LiPoly and why.....

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sjslhill

Lithium Polimer cell 4000mah

The High Performance Lithium Polimer cells/ Packs allows up to 6C continuous discharge and are perfect for most e-flight pack applications.

3.7v, 4000 Mah.

Dimension: 45mm x 130mm x 6mm ( 100g ),

Rating: 6C Max Avg. Discharge.

4S2P packs = 8000mah, 40 amps This about that in your enduro boat. 800g vs 744g for NIMH

Voltage is 14.8 nominal

This is simple everyone....do the math and have some real fun running in the future.

6 times the capacity. In this example 6 times 8AH or 48 amps in this parallel pack. 4S is 4 cells in series and 2 of these in parallel, 4S2P 8 cells all together.

What does 6C Max Avg. Discharge mean in amps?

Steve what about the cost? People complain about 12 sub c cells!

Steven Vaccaro

www.OffshoreElectrics.com

Steve, Steve, Steve.....

You know as well as I that people are going to run these packs no matter what the cost. Heck, they burned up 40 Brushless Controllers and keep on buying them.

This is not a sales thread by the way.....it's an info thread.

Steve what about the cost? People complain about 12 sub c cells!

Steven Vaccaro

www.OffshoreElectrics.com

4S2P packs = 8000mah, 40 amps This about that in your enduro boat. 800g vs 744g for NIMH

Voltage is 14.8 nominal

so how much is this setup?

This sounds good for sport running about 20 minutes at 30 mph in my offshore boat. What about racing when can you pull higher amps.

Yes....exactly, unless you had a club that ran 15 min endurance races :)

This cell would probably not be good for 4 min enduro as is. You would need a 20C type cell.

This sounds good for sport running about 20 minutes at 30 mph in my offshore boat. What about racing when can you pull higher amps.

About $150 if you made your own pack. I have only seen these cells at one place. They will be coming out though, just wait.

Voltage is 14.8 nominal

so how much is this setup?

Steve this is really not that expensive when you consider it replaces 3 12 cell packs for the same run time.

You can charge most LiPol at 1C at this time....it will take longer than NIMH cells.

What is the length of charge time on that same example pack, Steve?

KW

Just to show you how fast the LiPoly tech is changing, these appear to be the "bleeding edge" of high rate discharge cells. They are capable of 10C discharge and have been limited tested at 15C!http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=149319

Back