How to hit 55mph?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pagemaster

What type of power would it take to hit 55mph in a Titan29? Reason I ask is someone I know was told with a Hacker b50 11xl he could hit 55 on 18cells? I ran my numbers and came up with 45mph.

Larry Larson hit 43 mph using a ss1 700 motor in lsh class at the saw. I think he took the same hull with a b50 7L on 12 cells to 63 mph a 20 mph jump. I know that neither of these are in a mono hull but all the calculations do is give you an idea of what is possible. You need to try it and tweak it to find the right combination. Check with Chris Fine I think he did over 70 mph in a mono at the 2002 saw.

Obviously you you didnt account for a gear drive.My Titan 29 runs in the 40 mile an hour plus range for 5 minutes.When I drop a tooth on the spur I can get mid to high 40s for 4 minutes and for a sprint race I drop another tooth and......Hold on !!

That was on a gun and GPS on the sprint.

That's an impressive performance! I'd like to get my Titan running like that. What motor, gear ratio, prop, and number of cells are you using?

I would love to see a 55mph Titan29. Mine wants to take flight at only 35-38mph.

I believe 55 was exaggerated or at best only possible by a very experience racer/builder. Not every person that buys this hull from him will be able to reach those speeds he's telling them they can hit.

Oh well, let the buyer beware!

that seems to be the problem.. The hull wouldn't be to stable at that speed. at around 35 to 40 the hull starts to get flighty unless you have the side to side balance right and the CG it will chine walk or flip

Steven your going to need a bigger boat and more power. You'll be a contender in Q or S Offshore this season if you can stay solidly in the low 40's for 4 mins. I'm looking into a 800GRX-L pwd AC Magnum 45 to handle our teams entry. :D

View attachment 1443

Latest posts

Back