hopper tanks?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
a hopper tank is a small remote (or some hoppers are built in) tank that is placed in series with the main tank. the main idea is that the fuel will remain at a constant level (full) in the small tank even though the main tank is getting emptied. in doing so, it allows the needle setting to remain more consistant throughout the entire tank full. Not sure if you are aware of this but, as the fuel level drops the engine will start to run leaner and leaner as the level gets lower and lower. This not good.

It also helps with "foaming" of the fuel. when fuel foams from vibration and normal abuse of racing, it can create air in the fuel line going to your carb causing lean conditions and/or shuting off. This is not good.

The more full you can keep the feed tank the more consistant your boat will be.

hope this helps~ James

oh ok, i am big car guy and we never did run hopper tanks its a good idea because i hated running really rich first half of a race and then just the sweat spot rigth at the end, alrigth thanks

Hi i am new to boats and i would like some information regarding a hopper tank.

If i buy a normal fuel tank (1ounce) and place it on fornt of the carb I put a feed from the main tank and then i get out form another nippel to the carb so here we have no retun would this setup works ?

i have a picco 91 and i cant get the engine to work properly sometimes its too rich and sometimes it goes lean.

any help or if you have a small steup picture of a hopper tank please advise

Thank you

Hi i am new to boats and i would like some information regarding a hopper tank.

If i buy a normal fuel tank (1ounce) and place it on fornt of the carb I put a feed from the main tank and then i get out form another nippel to the carb so here we have no retun would this setup works ?

i have a picco 91 and i cant get the engine to work properly sometimes its too rich and sometimes it goes lean.

any help or if you have a small steup picture of a hopper tank please advise

Thank you
what sort of baot ae you running for the picco 91??

i have a hopper tank slightly higher on my mono as it helps with the constant feed to the carbi on the cmb 90.

on my hydro 45 i have it side by side. but will soon have a grim tank built for the hull.

more info is needed to give you the best help in setups and the way they are to wok for you in the best way.

paul

Latest posts

Back