Help with Sport 40

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

myrcbud

I'm building a sport 40 hydro from a wooden Dumas kit. I drilled a mounting hole in the sponson transom before adding the rear deadrise chine and the mounting hole for the turn fin is to close towards the chine. My question is, how can I plug the hole? It's about a 1/4" in size. I was wondering if anyone can help, thanks.

tAPE THE HOLE UP ON THE OUTSIDE. mIX UP 2 HOUR EPOXY OR FIBERGLASS RESIN. Cut up shreds of fiberglass so they're tiny little pieces (ever seen a spice called Saffron) they should be that size. Mix it all together and pour it into the hole, stand the boat up so it dries leevl. It'll hold forever and you'll even be able to drill holes through it if you need to.

Yeah, what Rodney said. I don't bother with the fiberglass though. I just use this technique to move over my pushrod seal on my sp 20. Needed to go over a 1/4". It was a 3/8" hole. Filled with west systems epoxy and redrilled the hole when dry.

Mike

Back