Help to I.D. a "Jack Garcia" tuned pipe

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Schneider

:blink: I aquired a bunch of unused NITRO pipes and from what i was told this pertictular pipe was a model from "Garcia" from quite a few years ago. Lee Garcia I think was MFG.?

This pipe is spun aluminum with header, diavergant cone and 3" flat as one piece and rear cone welded on. NON muffled. It is a straight inboard type pipe.

Header is .780 O.D. and .700 I.D. and 4" long. Pipe has a 14 degree diavergant cone and a diameter of 1.740 around flat section. flat section is 3" from front cone to weld. Diavergant cone is a very steep 36 degrees. Stinger is @ 2 1/4" long with an I.D. of .412

Any info on what displacement this was for and what lenths were used with it. If it would work as a 7.5 pipe? what lenth. Thanks in advance. :unsure: Scott

Last edited by a moderator:
Scott,

Jack is a regular on this site - I'm sure he will be able to tell you as soon as he see's the post.

Tim.

Hi

Are you sure the pipe is not a lee (sp) Garcia pipe? I didn't think Jack made pipes. As TimD says Jack is a regular here so will be sure to help.

GT

:eek: Could very well be a "LEE" actually the only old timer Garcia I knew of was Jack. so a Lee Garcia it could be? Thanks :huh: Scott

Jack did not make pipes.. Any Garcia pipe is from Lee or the company name being Garcia Mini Marine. I've got 7 Garcia pipes (3 - 3.5 and 4 - 7.5), but won't be able to advise you which this is for until I get home tonight.

Here's a shot of the "fatties" (as Gener likes to call them)..

Mark...

fattie1.jpg

Slideblues said:
Me like'm dem fat belly's :D slober....... drool........ :p

Gene B)
Gener,

Down boy, down...

Good boy... Did ya take your pills today? :blink:

Mark :p

Gimmmmeeeeee, Gimmmmmeeeeee :blink:

Oh Yea my pills....what did I do with those anyway :lol:

Scott,

Go back to my pic.. The four that are on the outter edges are for 7.5.. I measured the one on the left.. These are from a non-digi device, so they are all +/- measurements.. The header ID is .60 while the OD is .75, diameter of the flat section is 1.66" with a length of 2.32" with a stinger ID of .39.. I'd almost have to say you've got a 11 cc pipe.. :eek: Wanna sell it??? ;) Trade maybe??? B)

Do know that not all Garcia pipes were made to exact specs. The one I used for example was one of the last few Lee made. I'd have to believe the gent that passed that info along when I bought them. All four 7.5's are very close in size / shape. Two 3.5's differ ever so slightly, while the other is a bit smaller in size.

Mark...

Lax,

ReLax :p man, it's right in the middle of things!! It'll be on Mary's boat for next year, maybe.. She currently has a SS on there...

Scott,

Figures! :lol: Oh well, some should be able to identify that pipe for ya.. I had to put first dibs out before Gener just in case it was a J pipe.. ;)

Mark......

"Jack Garcia" never made pipes.

All of "lee" Garcia pipes I have ever seen have welded on header pipes and welded on stingers.

Lee was forever welding up something different.He definitely belonged to the pipe of the month club.Making several pipes the same was not high on the list of Lees' prioritys.

The best way to identify Lees' pipes is not dimensionally but by method of construction.Also Lees' materials of construction were always "heavy duty/heavy wall" so they were easy to weld together.

Another thing to look for. What Lee used to do was run the stinger up inside the middle of the pipe for about an inch or so.This really reduced the noise the pipe emitted.The pipe sounded like a quiet pipe but looked like a standard nitro pipe.

Latest posts

Back