haven't heard

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been hard to find a race for sport 20 here so far this year. We had three boats run in St Louis but just survival speeds due to rough water. two of my boats and one other one looking like a ac pro but 20 size. I managed to finish two heats fighting the wind and chop. We will be running sport 20 at the Illini race i think, on the 26th. PHIL

Hey Phil bring it to Evansville with you. I plan on running mine in B-hydro. If we get three Mike might let us run as a class.

Hi Phil

There sould be a few sport 21 boats at the Illini race. See you there next weekend. KEN

Well I raced my boat at the nitro shoot out in Joliet IL

Boat ran ok,, driver couldnt stay out of trouble in two heats, the boat was setup a little loose for the speed it was going and flipped in the first two heats, but i was leading one heat at least when it flipped.

Third heat i drove more sensable and chased the Leader around till he pushed to hard and flipped his boat trying to stay in first.

My boat has the speed to run with the others will work on the trim to get it to handle better.

Next race Minute Breakers race in Mendota IL in August i guess.

I heard Joe Wieblehouse raced his boat in MI and took a second racing agianst 20 hydros. They plan on getting a class for the sport 20 hydros included in some races there too..

PHIL

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd like to see Joe try to get a sport 20 class here in D-2. I've been drooling over Phil's boat since I saw it last year. The problem is that Joe would be the one to beat! :D

Ron Olson said:
I'd like to see Joe try to get a sport 20 class here in D-2. I've been drooling over Phil's boat since I saw it last year. The problem is that Joe would be the one to beat! :D
I think that was the plan,, there are enough boats being built to make a class .

You know if you get one of my boats it will run, there are no secret setups, just better ones are found. the testing is just starting on this boat It will be interesting to see how it goes as more people run one.

Ron, You saw Joe run his boat? How did it go? Im sure it wasnt as fast as the riggers. did it finish the heats, spin out or blow off how did it handle?

PHIL

Phil, Whats up? I've seen one run out here in cal. runs okay. a bit bouncy. I think it has been set up as though it was an a-hydro.Totally different animal. pretty neat looking though. Going to the nats in sunny southern cal in a week and will see another boat of yours. I think maybe two of mine. Awesome work on that boat of yours. Bob Tuttle B)

namba276 said:
Phil, Whats up? I've seen one run out here in cal. runs okay. a bit bouncy. I think it has been set up as though it was an a-hydro.Totally different animal. pretty neat looking though. Going to the nats in sunny southern cal in a week and will see another boat of yours. I think maybe two of mine. Awesome work on that boat of yours.                                    Bob Tuttle B)
Hey thanks good luck at the Nats race.

The sport20 boat does run light on the water at the speeds some are getting out of the newer motors. They are working onthe setup. i may do some changes on the bottom too. Ill get to some more races this summer to see how it goes.

I did make a new turbine style cowl for the sport 20 to better fit the Mac 21 rear exhaust motors.

PHIL

Yeah, but I don't like it... SO back to the drawing table. I have been busy at work and racing 10 boats every 3 weeks keeps me out of the building room a little. I did see two of your boats at the nats. Alan had some motor difficulties, Finished two heats. not sure of his finish. Spencer arroyo who is Gary Moll's step son finished 3rd . It was a very competitve class. Jim Wilson was unbeatable. 2nd thru 4th were decided be 6 points. Awesome racing. My son had two heat wins and two bouy cuts and finished with 1194 points. Mike Hughes finished 2nd with 1200 and Spencer had 1196. My son give them a gift. A blast for sure. I ran your 45 boat friday and finished 3 heats for 12th out of a huge field of 36 boats. My best showing of 3 nats I've attended. Bob B)

Bob

I ended up third overall. The 6th place finish in the third heat just killed me. That is what happens when the pipe slides in and gets too short. Mike Butler had 1200, me at 1196, and Brad or you at 1194 (can't remember). For a boat that I had only run 5 times, which include the 4 heats, not to shabby. I was gunnin for Jim though. I wanted that class. With a little more time on that boat, it will dominate.

Mike

Okay cool, I couldn't remember either... I quess. I thought spencer finished ahead of us. Brad really choked in the third round cutting a bouy in the mill. He was early and before I could say go deep... He had already gave the heat away. Great time though. It was great meeting you, We had fun in the pits. Your a good guy, It was a pleasure racing with you. You need to come down to fremont and race if you haven't yet. Bob B)

I am not going to make the Grand Prix next year. New born due date around that time. Don't think the wife would think highly of me leaving. Pretty much no more travelin to races for a while. She gave me a big long list when I got back from nats. I will be working on that for a while. All the stuff on the list she wants done before the baby arrives. Oh joy.

Mike

That gonna number one? Mikey, You gotta do what ya gotta do. Hopefully we can hook up some time in the near future. Bob

Hi Phil,

Joe decided to race his 20hydro against the riggers at the Sumpter Township race put on by the Ford Model Boat Club. That little boat held its own against the pack of riggers. No control issues with the boat, nor flips or spin outs. He held a tight course and completed the heats. Went home with second place. Its a good boat Phil.

Mark McCray

Latest posts

Back