Got my new boat today

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big roy

Hello all,

I got my new boat today. It is a .21 rigger has a K&B engine, very nice and clean boat. I am starting to get the tanks in and get it ready for the first time out out with it this Saturday. I have a pic posted in my album here, and as soon as I get it set up I will post more. Sorry I do not know the make of the boat. I did pick up some 40% fuel at the local hobby store tonight but ultimately I will run 50 - 55% next year.

Update, I took this new outrigger out yesterday. It ran a few times around the pond, steering was not great. It was pretty fast at 1/2 throttle.

Next I need to do the following,

1. Move the rudder from the left side to the right side, and replace the rudder with one from speedmaster.

2. Come up with a better way to attach the front cowl, current ball stud system is no good.

3. Repace stick radio with wheel radio.

Updates to follow if we get some good weather in the next 2 weekends.

Roy

Ok, so here is the skinny so far on the new .21 rigger.

I took all the advice here and bought the speedmaster .21 mini rudder (great unit) and moved it to the right side.

I replaced the steering servo with a Hitek HS-645MG (ya overkill but I want the best)

I am working with a Futaba MS T2PH radio until I figure what system I want to go with.

I hope the weather holds until Sunday, if so I will post updates of the day on the water.

Roy

Latest posts

Back