Got in the new Aquacraft SV27

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The prop on this hull makes it a rocker and roller. The turn fin on this hull is simply TOO SMALL... The hull is too long and the turn fin let's go in the turns...

Otherwise, this is an AWESOME package... Go guy one!!
I no longer have an issue with the stock prop. Trim tabs in neutral take out the rock and roll.

Mine turns on a dime with the stock turn fin and I haven't given changing it a thought.
Doug... The following video shows the SuperVee in stock trim, with the stock prop, with the trim-tabs at neutral and the strut at neutral... The video posted previously is the same, with the exception that a stock prop was detounged for that heat...

I'm not making this stuff up, nor is Steve or the others who have verified what I've said... Perhaps there are production differences in the hulls and you just happened to get one with a flatter bottom or something...

As I stated before... Mine was "rock solid" as well... until I put some real batteries in it and it actually started going fast... prior to that, it was downright boring to drive... because it was running wet... with good batteries, it does what the videos are showing it does... which is to scream down the straights and start rocking and rolling at the end of them... I'm not lifting at all in the turns, and the boat "wobbles" as the fin intermittently let's go...

The corning issue went away when I added a bigger fin, so I'm lead to believe there must be something to that...

Here's the video of it bone stock: SuperVee 27 - Stock Run

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't done anything to my strut adjustment and just ran a 4 minute Offshore heat on a surveyed 1/8 mi. course with the offset buoy.

With no left turn fin to help in negotiating the M buoy, I ran 11.25 laps.

The highest heat total at our race in July was 12.5 but with 3 heats like the one I just ran, you would have knocked Pete Boyle out of 2nd place.

Just add berrylium copper and you have an instant P Offshore contender.

3/4's of the way down the 300 foot back straight I get a little rocking, but I let off a tiny bit as soon as I detect it's getting loose and it settles in to where I can run all out the rest of the course. I negotiates the hairpin with the stock turn fin like it was tethered to it.

Sorry you guys are having trouble, but our Mazo boats are both rock solid and fast out-of-the-box.

Great Videos Darin! Would you say the X645 is too much prop or can the motor get hotter? :D

Ryan

Great Videos Darin! Would you say the X645 is too much prop or can the motor get hotter? :D

Ryan
Thanks... I can't say for sure, because the batteries that were in the boat with the X645 weren't the greatest... (last years GP3700 race packs... pretty worn out...)... But, after 5-laps with those and that prop, everything was still fine...

I was impressed with the Prather prop... definately made the handling better.... I think I'd like to try a real 3-blade, like an X440/3 or simliar...

I'm going to play with some of that at our next race...

As far as I'm concerned... this thing is a P-Mono or P-Offshore boat with just minor tweaks... Not necessarily a first place boat, but definately fast enough to stay in the hunt...

With the runtimes this thing has with the stock setup, I'm guessing it can go a little hotter on the prop...

And to address Doug's comments... Sure, it can be run "as is", but there are going to be production differences that necessitate being able to adjust the strut at LEAST as much as is shown in the manual... It runs very stable right up to the point where it gets fast, and I'm not sure how the rest of you race, but lifting is something I try to avoid... it just makes you slow! ;)

It runs very stable right up to the point where it gets fast, and I'm not sure how the rest of you race, but lifting is something I try to avoid... it just makes you slow! ;)
Just about every mechanized vehicle in the world that races "runs very stable right up to the point where it gets fast".

That's when you start driving it.

That's when you start driving it.
I'll remember that on the 14th when I clinch the O-Mono chapionship with our club... (or wait... I already have it clinched! :p )...

If you have to let off the throttle to get the boat stable... you aren't going fast anymore... ;)

The SV27 is a really good boat... but it has some small issues that need to be worked on... That's just my opinion...

but it has some small issues that need to be worked on... That's just my opinion...
Have fun workin' it on it. We'll just race them.

Talked to Grim this morning. The stub was a manufacturing issue and fixing it is a top priority. It wasn't supposed to be that long. There are also some paint application issues that are being addressed.

Other than that, don't expect any changes in the stock boat. 1,000's are flying off the shelves and FE racers are primarily the only ones who have issues.

If you have to let off the throttle to get the boat stable... you aren't going fast anymore...
If Michael or Alonso don't let off when their cars get loose, they crash.

...and FE racers are primarily the only ones who have issues.
Oh... you mean the ones that actually KNOW what they are doing and can tell the difference between a correct boat, and one that isn't quite right??? Nice... :rolleyes:

If Michael or Alonso don't let off when their cars get loose, they crash.
You are talking to the wrong person if you are going to start using Car racing examples... I quite car racing after 20+ years to go RC boat racing...

If Michael or Alonso get loose, the go back to the pits, get the issue corrected, then go back out again, and they repeat that until they don't have to lift anymore... They aren't going to drive a "loose" racecar unless they WANT it that way...

Maybe all the rest of us need to make some further adjustements and that is where the "characteristic" wobble comes from, but it's definately there, and I was able to make it go away by making some select adjustments/changes... Again, I, nor Steve or any of the others who have already experienced this, are making this stuff up...

I'm glad your experience has been so good... but it's only one example out of many...

This is an EXCELLENT package, but let's not get carried away and make it sound perfect... that would be too good to be true...

Latest posts

Back