Good prop for gold head K&B 3.5SS on a Topspeed3

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Dixon

I'm helping a friend get into R/C tunnel hulls. He is starting out with a K&B 3.5ss gold head on a new Topspeed 3 hull. It has an octura 437 prop and doesnt really get up and go. What is a good prop for the motor and hull combo. The boat seamed like it was cavitating alot and was just slow. I set the prop about 1/8 above the spoonsons witch is were my topspeed3/OS combo ran the best. Is there anything Im missing? Also didnt have any luck getting it tuned in....It seamed like no matter which way I turned the needle nothing changed and it just ran away and revved high. The bearings are smooth and the gaskets are in good shape. The motor also has good compression with the piston and sleeve looking like new.

Last edited by a moderator:
X440 or X438 worked best on my TS 3. Both worked great on my boat. X438 had a little more rpm.

Last edited by a moderator:
X438 works great as well as a 40x53 reduced, and cup taken out, try a 40X52 three blade I had good luck with this as well.

Beau

Think moparbarn is on to it, should turn a 37mm easy unless the engine height is way off, drop the engine down a fraction at a time until it frees up the hull and starts to sing ;)

Fellas,

Not enough load on the S.S. motor x-437/3.

M-440 lynx-cut is a good option,old school 1440 B/C still runs well.

And the latest that has been recently tested very well in competition,

the ABC 40 x 52/3 with some work done to it. Leading edge modification

and some of the cup taken out of the trailing edge. We are finding much

better lap times with this set up on a Vision O.S. combo also. All good set ups

as long as it suits your driving style.

Have Fun Testing,

Mark

thanks guys my friend got in touch with mark sholund at props4u and he gave him a direction to start in

Latest posts

Back