Gas tunnel outboards

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where can I find these Woodstuff boats?
Hey KGilbert,

Woodstuff is Mike Crawford.

Mike has no website and no e-mail.

The only way to contact Mike is the old fashioned way.

Call him if you're serious.His # is 262-210-9403 and lives in Racine Wisconson.

Mikes work is absolutly georgous.A real craftsman.

Here is a link to my gallery with my Woodstuff 7.5 boat:

https://www.intlwaters.com/gallery/displayimage...m=777&pos=7

Sunday I should have my Woodstuff big tunnel.I'll post some pics when it gets here.

Mike will be at the Tunnel Nationals in a few weeks also.

GOOD LUCK!

And,we're all friends around here,what's your 1st name?

Damm it Man, What ever possesed me to think this was going to be easy ,(P.S> Mitch They Are Not Just Like Our Small Ones!!!!!!)Dealt with a weak Carb,But did gain some ground on set-up,Gonna take Alot of Weight!!, Tommorow's another day.

Steve H

Hey steve

Mate last conversation i had with the guys down here in OZ

they were running as Tim said,pretty good numbers

Man they were talking adding 3 kgs (6lbs+) in the boat to stop it blowing over :eek:

Steve take plenty of weight it could be required.

Ill be running mine again this weekend,im hopeing to get some video if i can

get some of my buddies to help out and ill update my site with the video next week,

any other imput i find ill let you all know.

Greg

Last edited by a moderator:
Is adding weight due to CG concerns or just that the boats are so light to begin with. I'm hoping to get my gas out in the next few days. Boat has not even hit water but will be at the OB Tunnel champs at the end of the week. Cutting it real close for this...

Damm it Man, What ever possesed me to think this was going to be easy ,(P.S> Mitch They Are Not Just Like Our Small Ones!!!!!!)Dealt with a weak Carb,But did gain some ground on set-up,Gonna take Alot of Weight!!, Tommorow's another day.
Steve H
I thought the very same thing, they are a challenge.

mb

Today was a enormous change from yesterday!!. By God I think it might work,Move the weight around,came back to shore every time,showing hope, Atually had it junmp up on plane and gettin it,need some more r's sooner, kinda long legged right now, vibration stripped 2 bolts on bracket ended today's session,Tested all my other 3 tunnels in about 1 hour Who said nitro was hard?

Gonna try to get in thje water one more time before Friday in Waltersboro. As long as it goes around and finishes ( IN FIRST)I'll be happyLOL

Steve H.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd hate to admit how much time that I have spent on mine/Mike Hemric's, we're out of time and it's time to race, we'll just have to see what happens.

Mike B

Hey guys,

You can also get in touch with me regarding the WoodStuff boats. My website is www.his-hershobbies.com and there are pictures of our boat during the build on there as well.

It is finally completed and we will have the boat racing in SC later this week. Friday will be the first time the boat will get wet other than the time we broke the ice just to see how it sat in the water with the engine mounted.

See you all later this week down in SC

Bill

Got a couple of questions on availability of gas tunnel hulls and who makes them. I know Chris at Blackhawk hobbies has one and Aeromarine used to make a big one, anyone else? If you had a preferance on a gas outboard would you prefer a more scale look to the leg and an available cowl? I have been doing development on a gear drive lower and a cable drive lower and would like some input on preferances. I have a design for a mount that trims and or raises the engine with 3rd channel mixing tied to the steering or just off the controller, is there interest in this also. Getting prototypes off the cnc mill is expencive and looking of some thoughts before I spend anymore large chunks of change.Thanks

Jimmy
Hey mate i am all for this. it would be good to have a set up jest like the real thing i have a loving for F1 boats and it would be fun to have a 33ed servo for lifting the motor up and as for the cowl that is wicked.

Got any pic on what you have been working on.

i am jest about to start to build my gas out bored tunnel and was thinking of making a jaking set up for the motor and cowlings for it i am all for it and will help you as well. pic would be grate so can have a look at some of your things love to see them

my email is [email protected] :lol: :p :D

I have seen the lawless and if someone has a link to the Aussie drive I would like to see it also. The gear drive lower is much heavier than the cable drive. The cable drive we are working on will have a composite lower housing. If things go well I will have both at the winter nats. Have a boat on the way and will have the gear drive setup running on that one I hope. If you have any pics of you big tunnels I would like to see them.Thanks

Jimmy

hey dose any one have pic of the gear drive units for outboreds eg for zennoa gaso the cable ones pic would be fantastic

plz send it [email protected] or post them up.

i am looking at building one of these wicked tunnels

Back