Futaba radio mods

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ed Radz

Ihave an older model Futaba PCM pistol radio (PCM 1024 model FP-T3PB) . I want to change the 3rd channel pot so its on the the thumb wheel. Easier said then done. :-[ There are 3 daughter boards that need to be removed to get to the 3rd channel pot. Does anyone have ant experience on removing the connectors on the boards? I need a hint on how they come apart. I have never seen a connector like these. Are they removable at all?

Thanks for you help!

Ed Radz

Ed,

I can't remember what the layout is on those radios but I think some of those "connectors"on the boards are not connectors at all ( not removable). I have seen this on K.O radios as well. It is usually a case of unscrewing the board and moving it to 1 side as far as the cables will allow and carefully soldering to the pot without touching any wires with the iron.

Hope this helps.

Tim.

Tim,

As you would expect, there is not much slack on the leads. My only other choice is to start trying to remove the trigger pot and other goodies that are attached to the boards and try feeding the boards and attached goodies thru the middle case section until I have just the front case and the lowest board. I might be able to unscrew the front board so I can see the 3rd channel pot then. Anybody else have any ideas?

Ed Radz

Latest posts

Back