Exhaust Temps

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom Kenny

Hello;

I was wondering what kind of exhaust temperatures do a MAC muffled tuned pipe (from Andy Brown) get, on a Mac .67 in an 8th scale?

I was thinking of anodizing it. I was told that anodizing can hold up to 300-degrees. Does a tuned pipe reach this amount?

Thanks

Tom

I have seen some people anodize their macs pipes and irwin pipes gold, red, or black. The gold, and red look great when they are relatively new, but after a while, the start to lose their brilliance.

There will be no damage done to the pipe, so go ahead and give it a shot. Make sure you have it totally clean and polished before you do it, so you will get the best quality finish.

Black seems to never lose its quality. I think the reason is self explanitory. A lot of people anodize their water jackets and carb cases here, too. Red looks awesome.

Hammer.

Hi Hammerhead,

Thanks for your reply ;)

I am getting into anodizing my own stuff now and I wanted to do a technique they use on paintball guns. They have some cool finishes by spraying on the dyes with an airbrush. I was going to do a 3-color flame pattern. If it starts to look dull I can always redo it, or do a different pattern.

Thanks

Tom

Some paintball guns are finished with whats called splash anodize,looks like it sounds ,check it out ,might be able to do something like water drops ;)

Max,

I have seen that technique also, looks nice also.

BTW - Did you get a twitch when you hit the post button? ;)

Tom

One good thing abouat it, nothing gets damaged in the process. Do it to it dude!

Hammer

Twitch,man I thought the server was blown,I got an error message that indicated a sever problem could just be on my end (sorry Tom shoulda wrote it down and reported it if it happens again, will do)

What dye are you using?

Twitch,man I thought the server was blown,I got an error message that indicated a sever problem could just be on my end (sorry Tom shoulda wrote it down and reported it if it happens again, will do)

What dye are you using?

What dye are you using?

What dye are you using?

Latest posts

Back