Dimentions needed

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PondSkimmer

What are the dimentions of a 7.5 barrell muffler??? will it improve the performance at all compared to haveing the xhaust go out the back (stock)?

Thanks guys ;D

Hi PondSkimmer

The dimensions are

Long 3.2inchs

Wide 1.220inchs

Exhaust 0.415inch ID (by 2 off)

No quieter than standard

Didn't appear to go any better than through the leg.

GT

Wow GT, Thanks for the super fast response :eek:

i dont race the outboard but i was looking to get some more power out of it? what do those J pipes go for$? do they make a differance in power? is ebay a good place to pick one up?

Thanks

Hi PondSkimmer,

Yes the J pipes make a big difference. Well worth the cost - more effect than just upping the Nitro. On EBay they are mostly overpriced. You could get a new one from the dealers usually for a few bucks more than EBay. I have managed to get a couple from friends on forums at good prices but that is what this boating hobby is about helping each other.

If you can afford it I have seen the latest muffled Irwin pipe go and it was impressive - very fast, very quiet. Definately worth the money ($85-90USD can't remember exactly) But any of the J pipes will help.

GT 8)

ps. I tried the barrel muffler as an experiment and was disappointed with the result - was hoping for a bit faster and a lot quieter - didn't work out that way.

thanks for the info! i will keep an eye out for one on ebay no rush since i dont race it. has anyone ever put a stright pipe on a o/b? did it work the same? did it change the c of g much if at all?

PS,

If you want the ultimate in noise, a straight pipe ought to be just the item. Years ago, we ran our inboards with exhaust stacks and I think I'm fortunate to have good hearing!!

Jerry D.

Back