DETACHABLE TUNED PIPE SILENCER

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dustin Barbaglia

Anyone know of a product like this ? be nice to lower the DBs a bit might make it a bit more accetable for running at local lakes.

What about a detachable/tunable muffler. Loosen the screw on the back and dial in the sound level and/or the pipe back pressure that you want.

Charles

001.JPG

002.JPG

Charles, that is pretty much exactly what i am looking for, really dont expect it to be quiet running, just to dull some of the high end sounds, where do you find a product like this

Tim, great product, need something for a 1.01 to 1.06 size nitro if you have such a product let me know..

Dustin, mine is homemade. It is one of the products that I plan on producing when I retire.

Charles

Ive made a few myself, only reason I dont make them for resale is I couldnt find an easier way to make a seamless bolt free muffler, if I didnt press the two parts togehter just right it would crush one or the other of the pieces and both parts had to be machined before you pressed them and after , if it crushed even one half both parts were trash.

P1020074.jpg

P1020076.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The very effective muffler shown in the photos reduces the measured 110 DB noise level down to 80 DB at the same 50 ft distance for both. It is similar in design to a Samba touring car muffler. The muffler contains 3 baffles plus the 2 end pieces, which are all machined as a slip fit with .031" thick walls. This means that the muffler can be completly disassembled & re-assembled if necessary. An aluminum 6061 tube with a .031" thick wall, 5.375" long, with the baffles & end pieces, plus the mounting hardware, weigh 126.1 gms (4.45 ozs).

There is a slight decrease in the engines HP, even though the measured pipe pressure is slightly increased at WOT. No change in the needle setting was necessary.

Jim Allen

Ive made a few myself, only reason I dont make them for resale is I couldnt find an easier way to make a seamless bolt free muffler, if I didnt press the two parts togehter just right it would crush one or the other of the pieces and both parts had to be machined before you pressed them and after , if it crushed even one half both parts were trash.

P1020074.jpg

P1020076.jpg
Mike, Have you tried a slip fit with green loctite? I wonder if it would hold up to the heat?

toyotatruckin, would you consider selling one? if not i would understand.. i could give you the OD of my pipe end. i was thinking of making on that would screw online the end of the tuned pipe, either something like a glass pack design, or a baffle design, but if there is a pay and play option i'd be all for that, have too many other irons in the fire at the moment.

Tim, thankyou for the link, would be a pretty close fit, OD on my pipe end is .5587, saying thier id is .540. a bit of work and i am sure it would happen, are these pretty effective ? for 23 dollars it would be a nice solution.

Tim, thankyou for the link, would be a pretty close fit, OD on my pipe end is .5587, saying thier id is .540. a bit of work and i am sure it would happen, are these pretty effective ? for 23 dollars it would be a nice solution.
Yes - very effective indeed.

Dustin, I dont think I have the material on hand to make one and its not really worth buying the material for just one part, I do have a suggestion for you, Contact mike tyson he has made me some custom mufflers for gas pipes in the past ( he did a killer water injected muffler for me to knock the sound down on my old crackerbox) and does great work (very popular in the gas side of boating) not sure if this contact info is still good but give him a try he may be able to make you one, cooper also makes a muffler looks like a mushroom but works if its not on his site try giving them an email they might also be able to help you out

T-Mod Racing

e-mail: [email protected]

http://www.cooperpipes.com/

Latest posts

Back