cool dyno

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tom,

I called land and sea, spoke to a rep. about the price of that little jewel.

they have two models that go from .1 hp to 1.1 hp. and another that goes from 1.1 hp to 5hp.

The price for the 1.1-5hp with the software............$11,295.00 :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

$12k???? could buy lots of piston / sleeve sets for that ;D ;D

good luck selling them!

anyone out there know how to build a fluid brake dyno?

No, but gimme $12,000 and I'll figure it out!!! ;D

Sheesh........that's alot of $$$! But look closely--ANODIZED UNOBTAINIUM!!!!

$11,295 that's not bad, I think I will get one and maybe a spare in case it breaks. Wouldn't want to get stuck without a dyno.

-MikeP

only need one of this for work 2 years jejjeje.

whit this price can buy about 10 great tunnel hulls and experiment whit they jjejeje. Gattorno.

Theres an old saying "If the dyno results were the only thing that mattered,everyone would be racing dynos"

The price on that is out there,I wouldn't order 2 and expect delivery right away because I think thats the only one that size,built so far. :p

Max

here is the reply i got:

Code:
Tom,

Thank you for your e-mail. The system you have outlined is a water brake model that has been replaced with one of our eddy current torque reaction cradle dynamometers. The cost for one of those models is $6,995. It comes complete with the engine cradle assembly, eddy current absorber, electronic torque sensor, 12-channel data acquisition computer, eddy current control/power supply, full function wiring harness, magnetic RPM sensor, cradle mounting plate, AC charger and documentation. The system is capable of testing engines up to 1 horsepower and 30,000 RPM. We do also offer larger models if required.

If you would like one of our full line catalogs mailed to you, please forward your mailing address and contact info and I will gladly forward one. In the meantime if you have any further questions, please let me know. I can also be reached toll free at (866) DYNOMITe.

I look forward to your reply.

Dick Locke
Land & Sea, Inc.
[email protected]

Tom, the rep did tell me that the smaller one was around seven grand. But i figured not many not many people would want to dyno a less than 1hp COX .049. they would have to get down to around 2,000.00 to make it to where even a big hobby shop would consider it. ~ James

Yep, at those prices the only people that would be interested are those doing R&D on new engines. Maybe someone like Andy Brown? (Andy..........hint, hint!)

Thanks Tom,I recently priced larger unit from them I thought the 12 grand price was incorrect.

You can do alot of verification with buoys and a stop watch,

it may not be as conveinant as running in the comfort of your shop but the on water results are what really count and this can be done by anyone for less than $25.00. 2 soda bottles some fishing line a couple of sinkers,and a cheap stop watch. ;D

Max

If you shop around you can find an Etrex.(Garmin) the unit of choice,for under 100 bucks. :)Right now outdoor catalogs

have them listed for 120.

Max

Back