Cockpit layout info. - 1982 - 1983 1 / 8 Scale open cockpit,

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tall Fella

Hello everybody .

This is a enquiry from Australia . It's been a long time since I have been able to access International Waters and I am looking for information to get the correct parts from Larry Kramer in order to complete a 1982 - 1983 boat with a open cockpit . The driver uses a open face helmet and I believe that the exhaust stacks needed willl be for a Merlin . So , does it have a flat 4 spoke steering wheel or a dished 3 spoke wheel and how many gauges are meant to be in the instrument cluster . Larry doesn't stock the windscreen , but gave me a alternative method of making it . I have already asked this question on the AMPBA Forum ( Australia ) recently without any success . I look forward to reading your replies .

Regards

Ian Baas

Tall Fella Racing

Australia

Hello everybody .

Say Mikey , I have 2 options for this boat - Executone or the Red / Yellow American Speedy Printing . I have owned this boat along with some others , bought as a unfinished project for many years - but have other members over here who already have a boat in complete and running shape with the same colour design who object to me competeing with my Scale boats . So , my best option is to complete the boat and just run it at my own club , where it's unlikely to upset Model Boaters from other clubs within Australia . That's the reason why I didn't list the actual name of the boat .

Regards

Ian Baas

Tall Fella Racing

Australia

Hello everybody .

Say Mikey , I have 2 options for this boat - Executone or the Red / Yellow American Speedy Printing . I have owned this boat along with some others , bought as a unfinished project for many years - but have other members over here who already have a boat in complete and running shape with the same colour design who object to me competeing with my Scale boats . So , my best option is to complete the boat and just run it at my own club , where it's unlikely to upset Model Boaters from other clubs within Australia . That's the reason why I didn't list the actual name of the boat .

Regards

Ian Baas

Tall Fella Racing

Australia
Send me your email address and I can send you the real deal

Hey Ian,

The hull is Master Hull Roster # 8255 and has a number of other paint schemes that just Executone of Amer. Speedy Printing. Why not just changed the paint scheme so you can race it anywhere - especially against the bloke that is whining about the paint scheme being the same. There just aren't enough SCale boats around to limit, and he obviously needs the competition. If you need paint schemes for any other 8255 - I have you covered. I have three at present: '82 U-55 Oberto, '82 U-8 Executone, and '83 U-40 Miss Houston.

Here's a pic of the dash in the first paint scheme - Oberto:

And here is a pic of the Rolls exhaust stacks:

Here are some other paint schemes FYI by year:

1982:

U-55 Oh Boy! Oberto

U-8 Executone:

1983:

U-40 Amer. Speedy Printing (Blue):

U-40 Amer. Speedy Printing (white, red, yellow):

U-100 Miss Rock:

U-40 Miss Houston:

U-40 Miss Houston (San Diego):

These pics will give you a couple alternative paint schemes. THere are a number of other paint schemes, but this will get you started. Let me know if I can help. CHEERS !!! Bob

Last edited by a moderator:
oh man!! I have a huge soft spot in my heart for the Executone. That boat is just SWEET!! Mikey's Speedy boat is just plain awesome as well!

Nice wiring job in the cockpit of the real boat huh? Talk about a bunch of dangling spaghetti. I guess APBA wasn't looking to close in those days :)

Some of the 8255's had Packard's and Larry can modify Merlin stacks for you if you need them.

Hi Ian, When you decide / workout what you need for your scale boat, let me know as I have to order some items for my 85 Miss Rock, so if you like we might be able to combine our orders. Just on that, if anyone would have a cockpit shot of the 85 Miss Rock that they would be able to share it would be very much appreciated also. Thanks

Hi Ian, When you decide / workout what you need for your scale boat, let me know as I have to order some items for my 85 Miss Rock, so if you like we might be able to combine our orders.
I'd like to get in on this too. Need parts for my '66 Tahoe Miss.

Gaday Guys

Hay Wayne can i also piggy back on with Tim as im looking at needing a Alison V12 kit as well so we can split the shipping between us all that way its even better fot us all .

Brad

Hello everybody .

Well , the old saying used to be ( What a difference , a Milo makes ) I am truly amazed at the response and good wishes from the members on International Waters . To Bob Johnson , thanks for posting all the pictures - I bought a preloved unfinished 1 / 8 Scale in 1993 with a colour sheet for the Executone . The colour scheme that I would like to use is a simple 1 and about the time that I wasn't able to access International Waters anymore , I bought a set of stickers , decals for the Red , Yellow American Speedy Printing . As for combining the freight bill with Wayne J.,Tim D.,- I have your E - mail address and Brad - OZZY HILLBILLY - I should still have your E - mail address, I welcome the possibility of doing it for parts from Larry Kramer , and I did try to get a similar deal done a fair while ago - but it fell through . To Say Mikey , I am still feeling my way around International Waters and don't like to publish my E - mail address in a open Forum - out of practice on sending a PM . Talk to you all later . Thanks again for the replies - BE GOOD .

Regards

Ian Baas

Tall Fella Racing

Australia

Good luck with the build,Bob shared the same photos as I have. If you need some advise on making her run let me know

Rodney,

Dam driver got cleared out of the boat last year at Mendota in a blow off (first blow off for the boat). It dont look as good as it did. I need to re-do the cockpit.

Grim

Yep.. working on that this weekend.

Grim

[/quote

hey dude are you makin mendota this year?

think the ol man and I may make the trek again.........

Back