CMB motors

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bruce Jacobs

Supporting Member
I have a few motors I need to clear out. These are new in the box motors. 2 RS 21s at $325.00 each, 1 21 outboard at $350.00, 2 - 08 Valvola 21s with updated P/L included at $370.00 each, and 1 91 H at $450.00

I have a few motors I need to clear out. These are new in the box motors. 2 RS 21s at $325.00 each, 1 21 outboard at $350.00, 2 - 08 Valvola 21s with updated P/L included at $370.00 each, and 1 91 H at $450.00
Just curious....I have an 08 Valvola NIB that I purchased in 08...i heard that the p/ls in these motors were wearing out prematurely....now i see these motors being offered with "updated p/l's"?? Guess im to assume that im stuck with a motor with inferior parts or i have to have Brad Christy make me a new piston before i ever start the thing?? Im not Mad...just bewildered..... :huh:

Just curious....I have an 08 Valvola NIB that I purchased in 08...i heard that the p/ls in these motors were wearing out prematurely....now i see these motors being offered with "updated p/l's"?? Guess im to assume that im stuck with a motor with inferior parts or i have to have Brad Christy make me a new piston before i ever start the thing?? Im not Mad...just bewildered..... :huh:
I'm in the same boat, my 06 motor never had any compression and it can only push vary small props :(

hey Bill and Nightmare;

those motors run fricken great using the smaller than everyone elses props. (you have to think out side the box with these motors)

get a hold of ABC 1518/3 cleavers and a couple of 1618 and 1716 props and reduce the diameter to the 15 series and set your pipes

around 7 7/8", run 60% plus, head clearance to around 6.5-7 thou. and hold on baby,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

i have been using the 08 p/l set up now for about a year and it runs great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

carl

if you want to give me a shout this afternoon 703-492--7337

Last edited by a moderator:
hey Bill and Nightmare;

those motors run fricken great using the smaller than everyone elses props. (you have to think out side the box with these motors)

get a hold of ABC 1518/3 cleavers and a couple of 1618 and 1716 props and reduce the diameter to the 15 series and set your pipes

around 7 7/8", run 60% plus, head clearance to around 6.5-7 thou. and hold on baby,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

i have been using the 08 p/l set up now for about a year and it runs great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

carl

if you want to give me a shout this afternoon 703-492--7337
I also ran the older version in Kyles sport 20 boat for 2 seasons and never had anyone except Phil outrun her. I tried the new CMB 21 pipe on that same motor and had very good results, but you must run a smaller prop.

Bill which boat has the ,20 in it, you also might want to contact Mark Shuland tell him what you are running he will do you good.

Bill which boat has the ,20 in it, you also might want to contact Mark Shuland tell him what you are running he will do you good.
Bill hasen't even run this engine, he's going by what someone else has told him.

I offered to buy the engine from him, as I have been extremely happy with mine, and Brandon has the same engine Bill is talking about, and it's running STRONG.

BTW, either one of these two, Bruce Jacobs, or Stu Barr can hook you up with water jacket "O"rings for your old gold head 45

Bill hasen't even run this engine, he's going by what someone else has told him.

I offered to buy the engine from him, as I have been extremely happy with mine, and Brandon has the same engine Bill is talking about, and it's running STRONG.

BTW, either one of these two, Bruce Jacobs, or Stu Barr can hook you up with water jacket "O"rings for your old gold head 45
Guess i should have let a dead dog lie....i did actually, until i read about "updated P/Ls" for the 08 Valvola...i will bring this issue up no more...sorry.

Guess i should have let a dead dog lie....i did actually, until i read about "updated P/Ls" for the 08 Valvola...i will bring this issue up no more...sorry.
The updates made to the P/L is port timimg changes to the sleeve,

Latest posts

Back