CMB Black Evolution 67 motor

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kesjeff

Does anybody know if you still can buy a piston and sleeve for a CMB 67 Evolution Black and gold head motor? I have one I got off a guy and the timing was cut a little off.

Thanks,

Jeff

Andy,

The calculator that I had done from way back says that the exhaust timing is at 184-186 degrees. The boost is 123-125, the transfers are 118 - 125 and the rotor is at 199 - 223. I have two sheets.

Here is one sheet

Duration exhaust - degrees Ed 186.8 degrees

Duration boost -degrees Bd 125.3 degrees

Duration transfer -degrees Td 125.3 degrees

Duration of rotor -degrees Rd 223.3 degrees

The other one was this

Duration exhaust - degrees Ed 183.6 degrees

Duration boost -degrees Bd 123.3 degrees

Duration transfer -degrees Td 118.5 degrees

Duration of rotor -degrees Rd 198.7 degrees

This was two different measurements. It has been so long and I would want to re-verify these measurements. What would be best for a scale boat and what is good for a cat?

Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks,

Jeff

Last edited by a moderator:
When I got this motor from a friend back a few years ago he thought the exhaust timing was off and that I might have to lower the sleeve into the case. I was wanting to see where these settings are at compared to stock.

Jeff

Jeff...

Exhaust timing is fine.. If anything a little low...

Run it as is it will work fine.

Regards Aaron

Jeff...

Exhaust timing is fine.. If anything a little low...

Run it as is it will work fine.

Regards Aaron
Sweet I was worried that I would have to spend money on this older motor. Now I just have to build an 1/8 scale boat.

Thanks again,

Jeff

Yep! Those #'s are ok.....but could go a little higher like Aaron said.

What would be best for both the scale and the cat is to raise the boost and transfer up to about 130 and leave the exhaust at 186 or where ever it is.

If you don't need to worry about size of the eng use the newest 80HR P/L in one of the eng.

No adjustments needed just drop it in.

It will be a .77 when done

I know it works real nice.

Have a few of those eng .67 and .80 eng.

cut off the carb on the back plate with a hack saw and sand it flat on a piece of glass.

Cut a small 1/8" aluminum plate and drill and tap it to make a adapter to any carb you like.

Easy to do and it will make a very good eng with very little work.

there are allot of theses eng out there and thy can still be made like new with parts available.

David

If you don't need to worry about size of the eng use the newest 80HR P/L in one of the eng.

No adjustments needed just drop it in.

It will be a .77 when done

I know it works real nice.

Have a few of those eng .67 and .80 eng.

cut off the carb on the back plate with a hack saw and sand it flat on a piece of glass.

Cut a small 1/8" aluminum plate and drill and tap it to make a adapter to any carb you like.

Easy to do and it will make a very good eng with very little work.

there are allot of theses eng out there and thy can still be made like new with parts available.

David
Yep the 77 evo works good. We ran a pair of them in a Twin...back in the day.

Latest posts

Back