CMB .45 Purple Head

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ronnie Lerew

This is a never run CMB .45 Purple Head. I installed it in a 45 Eagle. Having problems tuning the motor. Found bubbles coming from the Tin Tank. Opened it up and found cracks in the feed tube. Just for a quick fix I put a plastic tank in to get it running. I still have problems. Took the 3rd channel valve off line so now just the in line needle valve. Runs for alittle when lunched about 800 feet then stops. Heres the funny thing that happens sometimes when running. The motor comes on line when you do a hard right turn. Oh ya forgot to say that I'm burning out plugs that should mean that its to lean RIGHT. If I make it richer it's very hard to start if at all. I'm running 35% nitro. Anybody have any ideas? Ron

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a never run CMB .45 Purple Head. I installed it in a 45 Eagle. Having problems tuning the motor. Found bubbles coming from the Tin Tank. Opened it up and found cracks in the feed tube. Just for a quick fix I put a plastic tank in to get it running. I still have problems. Took the 3rd channel valve off line so now just the in line needle valve. Runs for alittle then lunched about 800 feet then stops. Heres the funny thing that happens sometimes when running. The motor comes on line when you do a hard right turn. Oh ya forgot to said that I'm burning out plugs that should mean that its to lean RIGHT. If I make it richer it's very hard to start if at all. I'm running 35% nitro. Anybody have any ideas?

Ron
,try smaller prop, check carb for junk out of original tank, what head clerance?Walt Barney

smaller prop 240 prather should get it fire better from what your coments were on the hard right turns sound a little bit too much load on it.

The prop will get a bit loose in the turn and make the engine rpm increase,. probably is too much prop,.. and maybe bad fuel.. I had an EVO67,.. wouldn't run really on less than 45% nitro,

Sounds like bearings. going. 4 laps and a stall. runs great until the stall.

Had the same problem with my.21 LS Green head. opened her up and the front bearing is on its way out. I put my finger on the bearing and took a dowel and pushed from the inside out ,yup loose.

When I opened her up I seen brown on the lower rod /crank side.

losing plugs

CK your head clearance, How I use ear protection wax from your local drug store. ,roll up a thin piece to fit inside the plug opening ,turn over the engine remover the headbutton and read the flatten wax. You do need a micrometer. You may need to add head shims .009 -012 is OK

if under add shims to suit.

Smaller prop for sure along with getting the head clearance down. You can't properly burn the fuel with too large of head clearance. Also is the motor broken in? When they are not broken they will get hot and stick on you with too big of wheel. It can take up to a gallon of fuel to break them in right.

Latest posts

Back