• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

carbon fiber

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeff baham

looking to buy a piece of carbon fiber plate at 5'' wide X 14'' long X 1/8'' THICK , any help will be appreicated.

Jeff:

Contact ACP Sales and talk to the owner. He many times has a scrap cut off piece like that in the back. I have bought the exact same piece from him CHEAP.

mike it is i dont want it to flex or bend

chris , thanks thats the reason i came hear to ask lol. , plus when i saw the price my butt cheeks was squeezed so tight on the chair ,i heard the chair say your pinching me. lol.

thanks guys.

mike it is i dont want it to flex or bend

chris , thanks thats the reason i came hear to ask lol. , plus when i saw the price my butt cheeks was squeezed so tight on the chair ,i heard the chair say your pinching me. lol.

thanks guys.
Even cf gets heavy when it gets thick. I presume you are making turnfins or struts. I way overbuilt my first cf boat and didn't get the weight results I wanted. It's incredibly strong albeit not as light as I was looking for. I used a lot more foam in the next boat and am getting the results I want.

You could be on your way to buying a small diaphragm pump, surplus piece of tempered glass, wax and mold release and bagging material for the price these guys want. You can make up several different thicknesses of plate on the same layup to fit a lot of different purposes. PM me if you would like and I can maybe help you avoid some of my mistakes I made when I started doing it if that's the way you go.

I just posted some photos of my new boat. The way it sits w/o motor or cowling is 3lbs, 9oz. The cowling w/o the fake stacks is 13 oz. I cannot emphasize how much stronger and stiffer right out of the mold this boat is because of the foam. It is making construction easier because it is requiring far less internal framing. At this stage of construction it is a 1 1/2 lbs lighter than the last one was.

I just posted some photos of my new boat. The way it sits w/o motor or cowling is 3lbs, 9oz. The cowling w/o the fake stacks is 13 oz. I cannot emphasize how much stronger and stiffer right out of the mold this boat is because of the foam. It is making construction easier because it is requiring far less internal framing. At this stage of construction it is a 1 1/2 lbs lighter than the last one was.
Very nice build, carbon panels are easy to make. Making them pretty takes a lot more preparation and time

Latest posts

Back