Brown 21 parabolic pipe

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitro junky

I got a 21 parabolic pipe and noticed on the inside where the baffle is that the hole is much smaller than the stinger I.D. is anyone drilling this out to the same size as the stinger and if not, do you think it would benefit from doing so?

Hi Nitro

I would suggest leave it as it is. Mr Brown is a very knowledgable man and would have done it this way for a reason. I'm guessing that the stinger size is the optimum for the pipe but he has a bigger outlet so as not to cause backpressure. Quiet but not strangled.

just my $0.02c

GT

ps. Costly mistake if you drill it out and ruin a good pipe. Your choice.

I have the same 21 pipe and it is AWESOME Stock. Andy wouldnt sell it if it didnt make the MAXX power already.

just my .02

Don't worry about it. That is not the only hole in the pipe at that end. There are four more holes that are located half way between the stinger and weld. I run this pipe stock. Works great. If you are thinking of doing it, I would not go much bigger than 2 to 3 drill sizes.

Mike

i'm not sure about the .21s pipe, i've not tried mine yet. but the .45 parabolic is the same design, just larger. there are several holes the size of the one you see at the center of the pipe, but i drilled out the hole to the same ID as the stinger straight through and there IS a noticeable performance increase. in fact, andy brown recommended the mod to me. much more throttleability, easier needle setting, better top speed...

btw, you can always ask cmdi for advice...

hmmm... i guess the only way to find out is to actually TRY it. the obvious drawback is there's no going back :-

Back