best 3.5 outboard prop

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

offshoremodels

I am running a stock K&B 3.5 outboard on a wood octuras toms cat what would be the best prop for this boat I should have it

440-2, 437-2 or even the 3 blades worked for me with this boat. Certain there are others that would also, say a 215.

Mark..

Eddy,

I have run a H-4, Dia reduced to about 1.60, but it takes a stout outboard to pull one.

Gene ;D

Octura X-440 or Prather 215 are hard ta beat,

Good luck, Tunnels are a blast!!!!

Gene ;D

Go with a real Sharp Pranther SS215.

get it sharpened and balenced, it will work great.

What PJ said is a good idea. I also run a barcut 215 on my stocker, does pretty well. ~ James

I would have to say go with the 443 3 blade prop i ran that on my DPI hull and it ran just fine the 215 also work's really well.

Actually because of the design and weight of the Tom Cat hull you'll be most successful w/the X-437 three blade. It will help you a lot in the turns.

In the Pacific Northwest the 1400 series props with a cutback trailing edge and some added cup are used by nearly all the top racers. The 1440 is the 3.5 prop of choice. It won the class at the NAMBA Nationals and holds the NAMBA straight-a-way record of 58 mph.

Lohring Miller

I was lucky enough to win the last two NAMBA Nationals in the A Stock class. On both occasions I was using a Mark Anderson modified Octura 1440 prop. I am still doing well with them when my driving skills are up to the speed of the boat. If you have the chance, use one of Marks's props. They really move your boat.

Back