Arrow shark hulls

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi,Has any one had any experience with their boats?

hi there , as far as i know the original boats was called a delta force from hong kong,this is the monos,from rc worldwide,, hong kong,,,, the arrow shark are pretty look exactly the same hull.. not sure of the quality od product,, there a few delta force hulls running here in australia,, with good results, if they are set up properly,, hope this helps,, thanks jase,,

Do a search for them on RC universe.com. There has been discussion on tem over there, and most of it is not good.

~James

I have seen a couple of the hulls , i believe they run ok , but they are pretty thin and flexy , like they could do with another layer of glass ....

Andrew

I've got one, a small version and the lay-up is light on mine. They go under a few names but the same hull.

From what I've learned from Dave Marles is that the bottom is supposed to be a Seaducer clone with Dave's deck on them.

The transom has some kind of what looks like a honeycomb doubler in it. I added some wood ply back there to hold the blind nuts in place as it would be hard to get your fingers in there.

Another member on RCU just built a slightly larger version of mine and we're both going through the same problems with getting the things dialed in.

Somebody in here (his name escapes me at the moment which is really embarrassing as I know him!) built a .45 version.

In all, the hull is well finished and not really a bad buy. I got mine from Steve at Offshore Electrics but he isn't selling the nitro versions that I know of as mine I had to convert over. If there was enough interest, he might be convinced to sell them.

I have purchased about 10 of the 47" hulls from two different sources. The first two I got from a source in NY had very bad wood and the rails were crooked, etc. Additional problem was no recourse for quality issues. My current source has a good handle on the hulls. They have added a transom plate, better wood, and they have been straight. I have been racing two of the hulls in LS27 and SS mono. The boats have run beautifully. The basic bottom is similar to a seaducer, but the keel has been changed. They are easier to drive in my opinion. One of my hulls was in a serious collision, and I can testify that there is not a strength issue in the glasswork.

Thanks Guys for the responses. Decided to bite the bullet and have ordered the .21 RTR (well almost needs radio). Time for me is a bit of an issue. The glass side of it doesn't worry me I'll probably put some extra in when it arrives.

One of the first things that you'll want to do with it is to ditch the muffler and put a tuned pipe on it. Kepp us up on how it is once you get it.

Hi All! Perhaps try the original ones - Delta force to feel difference quality and difference

craftmanship. I runs some Delta force as well as distributed Delta force and welcome to

learn someone's comments about Delta force.

Patrick Au

www.wa-racing.com

I've got four Delta Force hulls and one arrow shark. The quality of the DF hulls is quite a bit better.

I ran the 25.6" and 33" hulls at the recent NAMBA FE nationals. Three wins and a third (another DF won) in the four classes they ran and four records.

I certainly can't complain.

As mentioned this Mono was distributed by several sources, I have had one , and never again , particularly as a race boat

Probably o.k as a fun boat. The problems I encountered were firstly the glass quality or should I say the lack off, unless you

are prepared to run a wrap to centre pipe the cowl has to be modified of which weakens it, several boats here including mine

had a unexpected hook to the left, exciting habit with 5 other boats on the water. I feel there are a lot better designs available

especially in the U.S.A. and you onlyget what you pay for.

I've got one, a small version and the lay-up is light on mine. They go under a few names but the same hull.From what I've learned from Dave Marles is that the bottom is supposed to be a Seaducer clone with Dave's deck on them.

The transom has some kind of what looks like a honeycomb doubler in it. I added some wood ply back there to hold the blind nuts in place as it would be hard to get your fingers in there.

Another member on RCU just built a slightly larger version of mine and we're both going through the same problems with getting the things dialed in.

Somebody in here (his name escapes me at the moment which is really embarrassing as I know him!) built a .45 version.

In all, the hull is well finished and not really a bad buy. I got mine from Steve at Offshore Electrics but he isn't selling the nitro versions that I know of as mine I had to convert over. If there was enough interest, he might be convinced to sell them.
Dear All, as I know, the Original Delta Force Racing Hull was designed by Samuel Chan on 1998 & win the World Championship on Year 2000 in Class 7.5cc & Year 2002, 2004, 2006 as well, so far the outlook was not change until now. All the original DF Hull are sold with the Deltaforce Logo Inside. So get the original one, you can feel quality difference & with fair price, don't buy the copys.

I have run different size this years & it is ready a good racing boat.

This is the website of the Deltaforce racing Hull

www.deltaforce-hk.com

HULL001_IN_s.jpg

winner_fsro_90_s.jpg

DF11_SS.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ive seen a couple run (the Arrowshark "Dragon Fly") and they seem to do just fine. The key is redoing the stringers and adding the transom plate.

Their new hull (Wave Runner or whatever) looks to be an exact copy of the XXX.

I can tell you first hand that the quality of a real Delta Force is far superior than any of the copies such as the Arrow Shark. The build quality is second only to Chris Fabbro's Speedmasters.

As for service, I ordered my boats on a Monday & they arrived the same week on Friday.

Hi Guy's, I ordered a .21 RTR as in an earlier post. Guess what? Still waiting for arrival. Not very impressed!!!

from what ive heard about the RTR's... you probably wont be very impressed with the performance either.

Well men it's finally here. Some things about it disapoint me but, time to build a bridge and get over it. Looking for reccommendations for a decent tuned pipe and prop. Plastic prop reads 1.4 x 38.

probably a prather 215 or 220 , and a occ x440 x3 if it will pull it .

any pipe will do ok on it. but you need a RE engine if you really want it to boogy

Jason

I can tell you first hand that the quality of a real Delta Force is far superior than any of the copies such as the Arrow Shark. The build quality is second only to Chris Fabbro's Speedmasters.
As for service, I ordered my boats on a Monday & they arrived the same week on Friday.
I just received a real Delta Force hull, the 67 or 41" model. This one is built light, they make a 42" model that is 3.5 lbs heavier than the one I got and is built like a tank. As for stringers and transom plates I install my own.

The hull I received is on par with MHZ, Hydro & Marine, HansPeters hulls from Europe. Though not a epoxy layup they are vacuum bagged. Clearly better than most all of the US built hulls in quality of glass work. The copies are just that, copies and pot luck on what you get. I advise only order true Delta Force or just go direct, you will not be disappointed.

Last edited by a moderator:
A 1.4x38 is the same as an Octura X-438. I'd try that one or take it down a notch to an X-437. See how it runs first with an X-438. Playing with props is part of the fun of dialing in new boats.

Latest posts

Back