Any one running the 14xx series on nitro mono??

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

BB Mods's

Iv got my hands on a nice selection of 14XX series props and was wondering how the mono's run with lifters?

BB,

The 1400 series will work if you know what to do with them.

The ABC 2714/4 Chopper,& the Octura X-470/3 work well also.

Have Fun Testing,

Mark Sholund

Last edited by a moderator:
This is for a Sightler 44 with a 1.00 CMB EVO 2, some times I run the 90 EVO 2 p/s in it.

WHY DONT YOU TRY AN OCTURA X460 3 BLADE THATS WHAT I RAN ON MY CMB 90 POWERED CALCRAFT. P.S. IT WAS NOT THE SPORT EDITION EITHER :huh:

Because My sightler is a SAW mono, X series do not have enough top end.

PS, if your not racing it.... Its still a sport boat ;)

I run a 1470 pitched at 6.7" on my 47" mono with a QD rear exhaust (likes props like a nitro) and the hull runs great. I can take tabs out of play.

Cheers Nigel.

BBMods, If you cut the tongue out of the X465, you'll see more top end. I used to run the X465 on my OPS90 mono, but there was too much torque roll for me. Propping up to a 275 or X470 only made it worse. I'm now running an X560 in my MAC84 powered 43" 'Ducer. I also have an ABC S40 (4 blade) that was in an OPS90 'ducer (71mph SAW prop). Boat is gone, but I kept the prop. The S40 was too much prop for heat racing, though. I may try it on a 67 rigger.

Last edited by a moderator:

i have been racing in namba dist 19 for 23 years so i dont know what you mean my boats are sport boats i have never seen you at the pond or at a race. your slighter cant be a saw boat it must be a sport boat you dont race it :huh:

Latest posts

Back