Air force pilot having a BAD DAY

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy Greene

I live within a few miles of MacDill AFB in Tpa and grew up on an Island that's directly in the flight path of the N/S runway, 3-4 miles from the runway at best. Davis Islands has its own private airport that just so happens to have a N/S runway with a 2deg. variance from the afb. Over the years of growing up there , we lived a half block from the runway, I have seen my share of F4'S / F15'S-16'S -A10's / ect make the mistake of lining up on the wrong runway/landing or aborting- as only a few miles of Tampa Bay separate the two runways. But for sure today takes the cake- this guy is gonna be in SERIOUS SZHT-

35lgqpc.jpg

They finally decided to try and fly it out- on a WAAAAY to short 3900 ft runway :huh: I thought there is NO WAY IN HELL - this guy is NOT going in the bay :rolleyes: They had a good part of TFD there / foam trucks- hook and ladders ect- blocked the roads.

Here's some props to USAF HP - he made it look like childs play with room to spare, there must have been a thousand people there , was pretty neat .They brought in some hotshot to fly it out- and well , He did B)

Its a safe bet when he rolled the gear before the concrete ended he was just showing off ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjeHrE9VTpE&feature=youtu.be

Last edited by a moderator:
andy the c 17 is the fighter plane of the cargo planes...they have 8 of em here in jackson ms ...i worked em in and out for years here and when they go out empty like that one did they dont need much room at all as in the vid.....bet u get to see alot of cool planes there.....it was always fun to get a f 14 or 15 or 16 or 18 to make a low pass for us...

Yeah they sat there and ran it on the runway to burn off fuel for 6+hrs . Kinda figured they wouldnt go for it unless they knew they had it covered-

Media was all over it- was pretty cool though ;)

Back in the day when the fighter wing was here it was pretty cool- now its just a steady stream of KC135'S with the occasional f16 mixed in for Avon Park runs- Growing up here I have seen it all fly tight over the house- The best was the Shuttle on the 747 ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
.....it was always fun to get a f 14 or 15 or 16 or 18 to make a low pass for us...
F14..... you dinosaur. LOL

When I was in the Navy in Sicily, The Italians and Germans were still flying the F104. . :blink:

.....it was always fun to get a f 14 or 15 or 16 or 18 to make a low pass for us...
F14..... you dinosaur. LOL

When I was in the Navy in Sicily, The Italians and Germans were still flying the F104. . :blink:
:lol: :lol: Yep those f-4's are still flying (Somewhere) I was still repairing tail hooks for em when I retired at the end of 2010. Think they were being used as unmanned drones and unmanned flights ae required to drop the hook. You are older than I thought Andy :lol: :lol: .

Latest posts

Back