'80 Circus Circus Question

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CySlyde

I know in the early 80's the Circus Circus team attemped a canard style hydro. I believe they called it a 4 point. neways, I know the real boat ran horribly, but has anybody tried a model of it? (I know mr Newton offers plans) if so how did it run?

Mike,

The Circus Circus canard was a successful model before it was tried as a full size hydro.

Ed Fisher was very successful with the design, out in the West, during the late 70's(I think).

KW

CySlyde said:
I know in the early 80's the Circus Circus team attemped a canard style hydro. I believe they called it a 4 point. neways, I know the real boat ran horribly, but has anybody tried a model of it? (I know mr Newton offers plans) if so how did it run?
Mike,

I saw a guy in Virgina run one it was a great racer. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I bet he still has it ;)

Bob Morton B) B)

Mike Back in the 80's we had two guys here in Dist 9 NAMBA that ran the Circus Circus canards from Roger Newtons plans and at that time they were the fastes Scales around here...Both Gentelman retired from raceing in 85.. One of those boats was sold afew month ago on E Bay...

I saw a couple of canards at the Winternats in Orlando this year. Although they were Zenoah powered, they ran respectably. Somebody out there is still making glass canard hulls.

Bill Fritz has a canard style hull. A guy named Larry Maglinger and also an old name that some people in this forum will know, Scott Jones, and Steve Jackson were also very fast with canards in the early ninetys. I know where two of these hulls are right now, One on Steve Jacksons wall in Centrailia Ill, If you give me an Idea how to get him to take it down let me know. The other, Is in my shop right now getting ready for a test drive for a new scale Driver whose Driving style fits this boat.... Chuck Hildreth. Steve is helping and Larry is giving me tips. I expect the boat to be pretty competitive. I know in the Early nintys in the mid west they were. Ken

Roy,

don't remind me. Worst sale I ever made. I parted with it because of it's enormous size. It basically barely fit in my car, so it was take the boat and nothing else. Now I have a trailer, oh well. Live and learn. Like my friend said, best to build a loft over head in the garage for storage.

Roddney that boaat us'ed to belong to Cecil Renolds...It was the fastes Scale in Cal in the 80's and maybe today if he still had it...Would turn on a dime and give you change...Cecil just got too old ot drive it..Got too fast for him,and would lend it to who ever wanted to run it..Jim willamson used it for a few races and crashed it trying to go between two others boats with only about 10 inches of room..It just couldn't fit.. :blink:

Hap and Pat Mulvaney both have gas Cunards. Those are the two boats that ran at the Winternats. Perry

Back