67 SGX w/91rs?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

BB Mods's

Trying to figure out if I should trade the 91 for a 67/80 or stick the 91 into the boat? Id like it to turn as a rigger should, but I'm thinking it might be just a tad over powered??

any thoughts?

Last edited:
Tommy,

Its possible and it will really scoot, but its a lot of power for a smaller boat. I have both an SGX 90/100 with a 1" CMB and a 67 SG with 91HR. The RS motors are very heavy and although it does fit in the 67 tub (barely) its a lot of mass compared to a 67/80 motor. The RS motors also like to turn hefty props with a good amount of load on them. I would imagine it just disrupts the handling. The 90/100 hull is larger all around compared to an 67/80 boat. The 91hr in the 67 runs pretty good, but I spin 67 props in that boat.

I would trade the 91 for a 80RS. Lighter and will probably be just as fast as a 90/101 SGX.

Tyler

Recipe for a SAW rigger. For it to turn well I think you'd have to run it 3/4 throttle max.

Hmm, Tyler I say we pop the 35rs out of your big sgx and wedge 2 101rs's in it.. then ill buy that and be done ;)

Guess ill be looking for a 80rs..

The thought had crossed my mind on more than one occassion or put a Neu 2230 on 12S electric set-up. I dare not say what the actual bill of the CMB35RS/SGX combo is, but I could have built two twins with engines for the same price and headache. But there is not much out there like my SGX 35 so I keep it as a crowd pleaser.

Tyler

After you stop busting pipes and get the props right I'm sure you wont have any issues, But your right, Look at me, Iv got toys and I still drooled over your boat at the nats... Id really like to have your dad's Mono, that was impressive on the course, It looked slow by its self, but guess the loser race water makes all the difference in that machine.

If you go FE with the 35, bring it down one weekend, and we will test a 3080 on 12s.

Money cant be a thought on the higher-end stuff, You ought to see the 69" MH$ hunter we built! twin s6 drives, 50cc blata... Its all in the sports "love"

Tommy,

I am working on completely replacing the factory CMB pipe with something a little higher quality that might live longer than two laps. And the props will follow.

BTW, that red mono is for sale. $100 for hull and radio box minus hardware or hull+hardware for $350. That includes all the seaducer hardware that would normally go with a new hull. Shipping would be on top of that.

Tyler

Ill keep that in mind, Im tied down with 3 new projects, and the wife wont have any more boats quite yet.

Trying to figure out if I should trade the 91 for a 67/80 or stick the 91 into the boat? Id like it to turn as a rigger should, but I'm thinking it might be just a tad over powered??

any thoughts?
That is what you would call a "Sprint" boat. Ask Marty about those... :) We have a "60 in a 40" here. It is FAST ..but it is a handful.. Like driving a funnycar.

Norm Doerr

If you haven't run a .67 rigger, it's going to be butt puckering fast with a .67 in it. ;) You might want to save biggie sizing the engine for later. :D

Iv ran most all, with the exception of twins, fast is not the goal, stable and ready to run every time i pack the truck is all im after. Id like to trade the 91rs for a nice STOCK 67 or 80 motor.

any thoughts?
Spread the front sponsons out, put the 91 in it and LET IT GO and have a BLAST!!!!!!!!!!!! I have done this with several hulls. The key is to have a wide enough foot print tp keep the boat from "ROLLING OUT and OVER" Doc

Iv ran most all, with the exception of twins, fast is not the goal, stable and ready to run every time i pack the truck is all im after. Id like to trade the 91rs for a nice STOCK 67 or 80 motor.
Then definitely forget the 91. Widening the front sponson stance will help keep it on the water a little better but it will still be way overpowered, CG will be wrong plus another problem you'll have is keeping the prop hooked up. Been there done that many, many times in setting up undersized & overpowered record trial boats. If it's a 67 SGX then get yourself a 67 & have fun, the SGX boats are very fast even built as intended. ;)

Tommy

Have a green head 80 motor,Steve Wood Mod package with Os Front end and Carb. Will Trade for the 91 Rs.

Plus I think you will be FAST.................With this motor in the 67 SGX hull.

Tommy...........The snow was Crazy on Thursday...........I loved it!!!! Guess were I was????

Chuck :D :D :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Chuck, if you came to vegas and did not stop by.. your fired.... Iv got a deal pending right now for a C/D green head 67, if it falls through, ill contact you.

Tommy

We slept ALL DAY and UP ALL NIGHT!!!Cover From Downtown to Mandalay Bay :D :D :lol: :lol: :eek: :eek:

No problem on the pending.

Latest posts

Back