30cc deep vee problem

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

Matt Battig

I've just finished building a 30cc gas deep vee. At 3/4 to full throttle boat gets out of countrol and makes sharp turns, I know its not the radio glitching, I think it might be that too much of the hull is in the water at high speed. Im not sure what else it could be, any advice or info would be greatly appreciated.

Does it look like it's riding really nose high? If so, check the balance point.

If that's OK, start crankin' your trim tabs down to lower the bow.

What size hull?

Sounds like you have the balance too far foward. A good place to start is about 28 to 30% from the back of the hull. Add weight for now to get your balance points worked out, later you can remove the extra weight after you move the existing internals around. Also start with your strut near level with the keel of the boat or a degree or two of positive trim. If you are using any type of trim tab, adjust them so they are totaly above the hull bottom for now. This should at least put you in the ballpark. Every hull is different, even two of the same set up identical. good luck and have fun. Blaise

hows it going, did u scrach build it?

im looking at building somting similer and was wanting some tips.

cheers

Ya I built it myself. I haven't had a chance to take it out again, maybe next weekend :)

Hey! By any chance did you wax the bottom of the hull?

It sounds like you did.

If you wax the bottom of your hull on a mono, you will have problems very similar to what you are saying.

Let me know if I'm right.

Hammer

Latest posts

Back