3.5 powerheads on 7.5K&B leg

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tim_Duggan

Looking for close up pics of 3.5 mod powerheads on 7.5 K&B legs, and also interestedin seeing steering arm set-ups for the same.

Thanks in advance,

Tim.

had a 3.5 nova rossi on a 7,5 k/b lower that tim at precision boats made for me, this motor i had on a htb 290 and what a fast boat, sold it to john mcnight-he may have some picts. never broke a drive cable when using a brass liner and oiling the pto base and cable after every run, used motor honey and atf mixed in a squirt can. loved that boat

had a 3.5 nova rossi on a 7,5 k/b lower that tim at precision boats made for me, this motor i had on a htb 290 and what a fast boat, sold it to john mcnight-he may have some picts. never broke a drive cable when using a brass liner and oiling the pto base and cable after every run, used motor honey and atf mixed in a squirt can. loved that boat

He tim

I think the boat mentioned here belongs to me. It was sent to John Knight and he took care of it and with some clubmemebers set it up for the tunnelraces.

In about a week I can make some pictures of it if you want.

Ronald.

He tim

I think the boat mentioned here belongs to me. It was sent to John Knight and he took care of it and with some clubmemebers set it up for the tunnelraces.

In about a week I can make some pictures of it if you want.

Ronald.

Ronald,

The boat that John V is talking about is mine and not the one you got. They were set up the same, NR engine & K&B 7.5 lower, on a HTB 290. I have since put a Lawless 3.5 lower on it after a turtle broke one of the cav plates. It is a very good running boat and I finished in 4th place in the 2008 and 2009 World Tunnel Championships.

John

Tim,

I would stay with the Lawless, no need for the 7.5 lower. I do not break very many cables, when I do it is because I have a very happy trigger finger and it was my falt. I just got back from a race, Sat we had 20-25 MPH Winds, I could run wide open up and down wind but not around the corners, I won all 3 heats for the weekend. If you need some help send me a PM. TB

Last edited by a moderator:
Back