3.5 outboards

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

what is your favorite 3.5 outboard?

• k & b

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • k & b ss

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • thunder tiger

• o.s.

• Total voters
mine is the CMB .21 Red Head outboard for the modified class......not on the survey.

Billy

Yea your right we should set up a pole question that deals with non RTR outboards.. I guess we would still have to add the RTR motors but that is cool..

Grim

Hey Grim,

How much difference is there in a "real race" outboard vs. the bone stock rtr models? I don't race, and can't justify the extra cash outlay for a Rossi/Lawless etc., but I'm curious just how much more speed you can get for the extra moola. I would like to see them run some time just for the comparison. ;D

F. P.

Well the guys around here with the Nova setup run a K&B 7.5 foot. The Nova is mounted to it and they run on average around 53 or 54, but peak out around 55-57 mph. The same guys runs a stock os with internal mods on an HTB 260 hull and hits around 39-41 mph.

I ran a CMB redhead on a lawless and it averaged around 52 every run. Modifieds really do make a difference in speed.... but you better really be ready with the $$$$$ and patience to deal with the contankerous Ba$t$%ds

Bill R.

Back