2016 Novarossi Marine USA World Record Challange

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RonShaw

Vendor
Congrats to Glenn Quarles on becoming the first person to win a free Novarossi Engine in the class where he set a new World Record. In keeping with the 2016 Novarossi Marine USA record challange, he will receive a new Novarossi .12 Engine as a gift for his record setting performance with a Novarossi engine, thus wrapping up the A Hydro engine giveaway for 2016 available for any world record set in NAMBA or IMPBA for the year. There are many other classes available and a lot of time left. Will someone do this with a 91 DD as well? I hear Jerry Crowther was very close on his first record attempt to go over 100mph with a nitro powered mono, using his Novarossi 91 DD. Participants must send me a pic and details asap after the record run, so I can post on the Novarossi Marine USA website and Facebook page, as well as share on the Novarossi Italy World site. Only one engine per class record will be given away. Outstanding job Glenn!!!

Hey Ron, just to clarify for my myself and my Non USA friends...is that record ale to be set at any official event outside the states also? as long as it is above the current IMPBA/NAMBA record?

Hey Ron, just to clarify for my myself and my Non USA friends...is that record ale to be set at any official event outside the states also? as long as it is above the current IMPBA/NAMBA record?
Hummmm. Great question Kris. What organization is that? Are the current records public? I was thinking NAMBA and IMPBA.

Last edited by a moderator:
It would be ones like the AMPBA (Australia) and may JMPBA (Japan)...I was just curious if you were offering it in house (usa) or abroad as we have a SAW event organised in 6-8 weeks down here

Kris,

Email details to [email protected] and let me look into it. IMPBA and NAMBA coukd be sanctioned there and are the sanctioning organizations we set this up to acknowledge, but I will look at what you send to me. Thanks.

So the free engine is the same engine size as the class?

Does that mean a new Nova 91 TWIN record would get TWO Nova 91's?

Good point Andy LOL. We can only offer one engine per class per year but, yes same engine size as the class so they would get a free Novarossi 91 DD engine!!!!! Its a $650 engine but I am keeping them as low as possible to help the hobby. Current website discounted price, $525. Go get that record!!!....
default_smile.png

Ha Ha Andy better get started. I have two twins about 70% done that will have the new Nova Rossi 91's.

Good point Andy LOL. We can only offer one engine per class per year but, yes same engine size as the class so they would get a free Novarossi 91 DD engine!!!!! Its a $650 engine but I am keeping them as low as possible to help the hobby. Current website discounted price, $525. Go get that record!!!....
default_smile.png
So only one engine for using two $650 engines. Ok, fair enough. The K-90's will stay in my Twin.

default_smile.png
So only one engine for using two $650 engines. Ok, fair enough. The K-90's will stay in my Twin.
Thanks Andy for your interest. In the scope of continuing what McGraw and Glenn started, my intent is to keep great engine technology from Novarossi flowing into our hobby at the most reasonable price possible. This level of business does not allow us to purchase business, but we will reward success.

default_smile.png
Thanks Andy for your interest. In the scope of continuing what McGraw and Glenn started, my intent is to keep great engine technology from Novarossi flowing into our hobby at the most reasonable price possible. This level of business does not allow us to purchase business, but we will reward success.
Will put one Nova 91 in the single and see how it goes Ron. So if one boater/boat sets 2 different records (oval and SAW) in the same engine class is that worth two engines?

Hey Andy,

We are giving away one engine per class for World Records set in 2016, either SAW or OVAL, IMPBA or NAMBA, for anyone that sets a record with a Novarossi Engine. Glenn Quarles won the 12 engine with his .12 Hydro record performance a couple of weeks ago. That leaves a 21, 46, and 91 engine still available. I should have a couple of prototype 67 marine engines to test soon and if we establish a factory production 67 DD engine before the end of the year, I will add it to the list. If it goes well I may try to do it again next year. I have known you for many years and you are very well known in our hobby. I would obviously be honored to have you and John running Novarossi engines in your fleet.....
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Brad. Yes there is a lot of interest in the 67 and is a testament of Novarossi's commitment to our RC Boating hobby to offer a full line of marine engines, as the European market for the most part, does not presently run this size engine class. Stay tuned...more to come.

Hey Andy,

We are giving away one engine per class for World Records set in 2016, either SAW or OVAL, IMPBA or NAMBA, for anyone that sets a record with a Novarossi Engine. Glenn Quarles won the 12 engine with his .12 Hydro record performance a couple of weeks ago. That leaves a 21, 46, and 91 engine still available. I should have a couple of prototype 67 marine engines to test soon and if we establish a factory production 67 DD engine before the end of the year, I will add it to the list. If it goes well I may try to do it again next year. I have known you for many years and you are very well known in our hobby. I would obviously be honored to have you and John running Novarossi engines in your fleet.....
default_smile.png
Ok! I didn't understand that there was just one of each engine size available. So the Official at the record Record Event should record the exact time that a record is set, because there a multiple records in one class that could be set at one event.

Hey Andy,

default_smile.png
Ok! I didn't understand that there was just one of each engine size available. So the Official at the record Record Event should record the exact time that a record is set, because there a multiple records in one class that could be set at one event.
Andy,

Most everyone is aware of this challenge. I can assure you that when someone breaks a 21, 46, or 91 record using a Novarossi Engine, that all of us will know as soon as it happens thanks to social media. Good luck with the record. I Keep, (no pun intended) the 91's in stock so it is ready when you are. Thanks again for considering Novarossi Marine Engines.

I would like to get in on some records being broken. Does anyone know when the next event will be close to Florida preferably Blue lake. I'd like to see what I can get out of my Novarossi .61.

I think Doc Turner and/or Mark Bullard posted some runs they made in their 90 riggers.

Jerry Crowther made some mid 90's pass in his Seaducer at Valdosta a couple of weeks ago.

Latest posts

Back