2003 Internats - What if??

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 115

Hi All,

Trying to get a feel from District 4 members and the boating population in general.

We, the Wisconsin Wake Walkers, are considering holding the 2003 Internats at our pond in Elkhorn, WI.

As of now, it seems that no one is attempting to hold the race. At this point, we have only talked about hosting and wanted to get the feel from you all about our location.. And as a small club, we would need help, help and more help.

It would be nice to get the location of the Internats set soon so we all can set our race schedules for next year.

1) Looking to hear from D4 members as to who could help us pull this off..

2) Looking to hear from the R/C boating population as to whom would travel to SE Wisconsin for a week..

Thanks,

Charley

Charlie, Pat Kelly had asked my club , East Cooper Model Club, in Charleston, S.C. to be the host for the internats . It takes months and months to prepare for a race of this scale, we simply did not have enough time to put it all together for 2003. We are going to offer to them in 2004 to host the race, that way we would have more time to plan. It will definately be alot of work, but more power to you. I wish I could go to the internats if you guys were to hold them, but its too far for me to drive this year...... Good Luck!

Sure wish the ATLANTA boys would host them this year !!!! That way I could go :)

~ James

id like to say i could help...... but i doubt i could get that much time off of work..... i might be able to contribute 1-2 days of help.

should have 5-6 people from the quad cities roostertails. we did it in 2000 and it didn't take that long to prepare. i believe we started in january

Count me in for working @the race if the idea of District 4 hosting the 2003 Nats becomes fact.

James,

(off the subject of the CURRENT Nats issues)...There is a posting on www.rcboat.com (Marty Davis' web site) stating that Elmira was approved to host the 2003 nats, but road construction made them change their plans until 2004. I am simply trying to pass information so that the true story can be sorted out.

Thanks

Garrett Randall

Charley!

Its good to see someone willing to step up on this. When Dick Jones made his pitch Saturday, it was pretty quiet in the room afterward.

I would be willing to take some time off to help out during the race. I'm sure a few more of the Illini Powerboaters would be willing to do the same. If there is anything else I could do to support you, please feel free to comtact me.

Come on, guys!. Be willing to help out. It would be great to see the Internats in the Midwest!

Ed Radziwonowicz

Treasurer

Illini Powerboaters

Hi ed,

Thanks for the response.. A post on another board today said that some site was under consideration. Not ours.. We had some emails from Dick Jones this week that sounded positive but not so sure anymore..

We'll keep everyone informed.. It would be great to have them here.

Charley

Charley!

I read the posts on this over at rcboat.com. It sounde like someone else MIGHT have the inside track on this. Your site sounds like it may be the back up plan if number1 falls thru. I would do all the scouting and things you could do without making any commitments to anyone. If plan 1 happens, at least you would have some idea of what would be required, and actually have some of it done in advance. Don't give up yet!

Later!

Ed Radz

Garrett, Elmira may be the site for 2004??, all I said was that we would offer our site for 2004 if needed. impba came to my club two weeks ago and asked if we would be host for 2003, club voted that we didnt have enough time for preparation.

What site are they contemplating on for 2003?? does it say on rcboat.com?

~ James

sorry James, I misread your post. I was under the assumption that SC was making a proposal for 2003. From what I understand on the rcobat.com is that there is a group that is 90% complete on the planning and approving to host a 2003 Nats. The posting did not say where or when and the person who wrote it (Randy Rapideus a.k.a. Randy's prop shop) was sworn to secrecy by GOD KNOWS WHO. I completely understand that Randy cant say, because it is not his group. That would be like me saying to everyone of my friends you are having a party (maybe/maybe not). That would make us both look foolish. My question is what is all the mystery from the IMPBA board and the group that is putting this proposal together? Why not just tell everyone what is happening, weather it happens or not, at the very least the membership would be informed and all these rumors could stop. District 4 was sticking its neck out trying to drum up support and make a 2003 Nats happen on a very short notice. It feels like we wasted our time.

It looks like Elmira is all set for 2004, stay tuned.

Garrett Randall

Garrett, It all makes sense now, thanks. Im not going to name any names at impba but from what you say and what ive heard from them, it seems like they should jump on you guys offer for district 4 offer to be the host. Hopefully itll work out.

James Clegg

President ~ East Cooper Model Club

District 13

I put this on rcboat.com and here too

I see you are going to sit on your proposal? I think you should go ahead and put in a proposal.

I thought that all clubs wanting to hold the internats were to present it to the board for aprovall anyway. What club is working on this other than you ? Why is it a big secret whats going on? So we all sit and wonder whats going on every year into January or later.

Clubs interested in holding this race should do the members a favor and plan ahead a little.

I remember seeing a big banner at the last internats race in

2002 advertizing the next years NAMBA race, Cant the IMPBA be more organized in this regard.

Nice to see more than one club getting ready to do the internats goodluck PHIL T

:) I am pleased to finally announce, that tonight, the membership of the Ford Model Boat Club voted to submit an offer to host the 2003 Nats at Camp Dearborn in Milford, Michigan.

As a result, of 2 other Clubs having to retract their offer to host this event already, I swore those who needed to know or those that found out what I was doing, to secrecy

until everything was in place. I was un-aware that any other Club was looking into hosting the event but am pleased to see that there were those, stepping up to the task as well.

Additional information will be released, once the FMBC has been named the Host.

Mark McCray

Mark.... i think we are ready to do a chat for a internats q@a if you want...

like i said we are working on a new chat script for the site and it is moving along nicely..... not too many features yet but it is working ;D

it should have a chat log very soon

This decision is supposed to be made today. I just found out late last night myself. Mark McCray has asked me to help out and solicit donations for the Internats. The pond to be used for the race is not the one used for their regular D-2 race but a larger one in the back of the Campground. I do hope that they get it. It's a beautiful site with camping, 21 hole Golf course across from the pond, lots of activities there and plenty of Security. The tentative date is the week after the 4th of July which will probably interfere with the NAMBA Nats.

More on this and my decision to accept the position later tonight.

Latest posts

Back