2002 Miss Elam Plus Paint Codes

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only color that i know of on that boat is House of Color Day Glow Orange.. I belive the blue in metilic...Hope this helps a little..

steve.crosby said:
I wonder what the purpose of that is? The black looks to be only where the water contact is.
82603[/snapback]

Nostalgic waterline markings maybe? :rolleyes:

...achtually I'd guess some sort of marking to see if it's in perfect plane or not, but that's just my wild guess.

Correct me if I am wrong but I believe the black is a special teflon slick paint to reduce the water friction on the running surfaces and on the underside rear it is there to help aid in braking the after-sponsons onto a plane faster and reduce the suction of the water on initial take-off.

This was also used on pickle-fork drag boats and v-hulls in boat drag racing as explained to me long ago buy the great Jim Youngblood, designer and builder of many successful drag boats in the late 70's & early 80's.

missbudpilot55 said:
Correct me if I am wrong but I believe the black is a special teflon slick paint to reduce the water friction on the running surfaces and on the underside rear it is there to help aid in braking the after-sponsons onto a plane faster and reduce the suction of the water on initial take-off.
This was also used on pickle-fork drag boats and v-hulls in boat drag racing as explained to me long ago buy the great Jim Youngblood, designer and builder of many successful drag boats in the late 70's & early 80's.

82610[/snapback]

ITS PROBALLY SPEED COAT I USE IT ON THE BOTTOM OF ALL MY HULLS.

The black you see on the sponson ride pads and the brake on the transom is grafite paint...

I see this going into the subject of coatings used for speed, lift, etc.... My first question is what is speed coat?

Also, I put a call into Mr Ellstrom requesting paint codes and identity of the material od the bottom of the hull.

This just in from Eric Ellstrom,

hi the mfg of paint is house of colors. the orange is #ne503 but it will

fade quickly in sunlight .the white is #bc26, and the black you see on the

bottom is a boeing graphite paint but you can buy spray graphite in a can

.ok hope this helps THE CREW

has anyone else found a paint that will work or be very very close to the HK paint but, not fade?

All flouresent paint fades, no matter who makes it. It's its nature. You could go with a late 70's Dodge muscle car color. It may be close but won't match the brilliance.

ya I know but, thats why I was wondering if anyone had found another paint that was more fade resistance.

the color almost looks like Chevy orange that was on there motors in the early days

The color in the pictures of this boat may look like Chev Orange till you see the boat in real life... I've mix'ed the DayGlow Red for my Winston with the clear that I use'ed and it helped in the slowing down the fadeing ..

Latest posts

Back