1/4 Scale Cracker Vid

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Steve, The chop helped alot (wished it was bigger) but so did 32 good cells instead of 30 with a bad cell. CG was a bit more back to. I used the cut 646. Next test should be with the new endbell and 11 degrees of advanced timing :D Still waiting for Mr Postman though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pete

I can see the effect of that poor cell and the bad pack - the pack volts under load are up

With 40 amps thats more like 1200+ watts output - a big jump up from 700 previously

That the chop got the hull loose shows how important it is going to be to get it running looser - maybe the hull needs a litle rocker in it

The motor rpm still seem a little low 16500 on 32 cells> Am I reading that right?

Just waiting for the download to be done

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Andrew, You are reading it right but I would say its closer to 17500. Those are just snapshots of the graph. The program lets you see the value of each data point and I am colecting at the max rate of 10 per second. The chop made it fun but I'm not sure if it increased speed to much. It was pretty big chop. I'm pretty happy with the results so far. This was only the sixth run on the hull(4th with the recorder).

Heres some slo-mo vid of the first bounce. Its only 4 meg

http://www.lousfastrc.com/Video/BigCrackerVid/slomo32.mpg

lotsoshots.jpg

CrackJump2.jpg

Hi Steve, They are there so the boat will turn, They are big. When it gets warmer out I be able to do lots more tests and I will take them right off or make them smaller.

Pete

Latest posts

Back