Novarossi. 91 pipe recommendation

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Speed Jr.

Would the A/A 80/90 parabolic pipe be a good choice? Is there a more preferred pipe that is available? Thanks in advance,

Jr.

Thanks Andy. I've had great success with your AB pipes in the past. Wish I didn't sell them years back. I like the thought of a muffled pipe. If I used the speed pipe, what is the best muffler add on? Thanks again in advance.

Jr.

The best pipe I have run to date on the Nova Rossi 91 is the MAC 13cc set at 10" from center of motor to the center of pipe.

Thank you Mark. I will try to get my hands on one. I think Ill give the rossi speed pipe a try also and compare.

Jr.

Not a bad idea. We have tried a few different pipes and are still trying pipes. What we have found is the motor has lots of bottom end torque and has no problem pulling off with a big prop. The exhaust timing is about 186 to 187 and this allows the pipe to be short and makes torque.

Yes it does scream at 10". Prop is a COCR 1667 with a baseline pitch of 5" and cupped to about 6.5". This is a lot of prop.

Mark,

There is more in that motor for sure.

Wait until a few more ABC propellers get tested on them.

I am waiting for the next batch of ABC "Game Changers"

to arrive this week.

Nice Pipe Length,

Mark Sholund

Mark,

John Beardslee is sending you a set of 2719's via Ralph A.

I think you will see what I am talking about?

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

Yes it does scream at 10". Prop is a COCR 1667 with a baseline pitch of 5" and cupped to about 6.5". This is a lot of prop.
Those pitch numbers at "screaming" rpm should put you running over 100 mph. Mark Sholund watched me run 97 with a pair of mismatched 1667's with less pitch in an old Cajun Bullet heat race boat with damaged engines ;-)

You cannot call it a COCR 1667...that would be labled as stealing

where is Tom from Octura to sook about that?

And on track again...did Nova bring out their 90 pipe or not??

Aaron believed it was an awesome pipe...

Ok Kris, you got me on the prop. LOL To answer you on the pipe, yes they have a pipe and I have ran it. That is what is running in the video that has been floating around. They made a chance on the pipe by adding 30mm to the lead in to give it more adjustment. I have just not had time to run one of them again. We do have four of the new ones for the twins.

Ok Kris, you got me on the prop. LOL To answer you on the pipe, yes they have a pipe and I have ran it. That is what is running in the video that has been floating around. They made a chance on the pipe by adding 30mm to the lead in to give it more adjustment. I have just not had time to run one of them again. We do have four of the new ones for the twins.
Hi mark Any picture of your new SST Twin with NR91DDs??

I'll be running my .91 DD tomorrow for the first time. Will run 15cc macs at 11 3/4 im sure it will produce great power and run great just like the rest of our big block motors... I'll post a video after testing...

Sam,

Going to test that new 2719-19-38% tomorrow?

Do you have a Muck-15 cc pipe to test?

Have Fun Testing,

Mark

Last edited by a moderator:
Back