• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Propeller Cutting Jig

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Speed Jr.

Sold pending funds......

Bet you have never seen anything like this before......

If you have ever wondered how some of the best prop guys get such perfect rake cuts and notches on their props, well here ya go.

I designed and built this prop Jig back in 2005 on my spare time. I cut hundreds of propellers for some of the biggest name racers at the time.

It is in my opinion a must have if you like doing your own propeller customizing. So for those who dont know, you lock this jig into your vice of your milling machine. You can adjust the angle of the propellor both in rake, and trailing edge cut angle. Put a radius end mill in for a radius rake cut or a notch to take lift out of the prop. The entire arm can swivel as well as the circular prop mount. This is the third jig I built. The first two didnt work exactly how I wanted so I designed this one with the best of features I believe. So with that being said, can you tell how crazy I was about RC boating back in the early 00's? lol. This is one of a kind, cant buy it ANYWHERE but here and now. Im giving it away for $400 or best offer. Please, if anyone wants to make a wise crack about the price, please head to a CNC machine shop and ask how much to duplicate before posting. Those who have seen this with their own eyes can appreciate the time and skill involved to build.

With that being said, enjoy.....

Larry Gempp Jr.

20121028_200838_resized.jpg20121028_200443_resized.jpg20121028_200545_resized.jpg20121028_200557_resized.jpg20121028_200606_resized.jpg20121028_200641_resized.jpg20121028_200937_resized.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
If I remember correctly, Larry, Jr put it on Ron Zaker, Jr and I, in 20 hydro in Chicago, when he was just a youngster. I do remember correctly...... :)

Wow. It's been a long time Marty. Those were the good ol days at lambs farm. How have you been? My father just retired and has a place down in Cape Coral Florida. I'm sure one of these winters we'll be down there running boats in your area. Hope to catch up with you sometime.

Jr.

Back