Tunnel Hull Heaven - Pics of my Tunnels

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am posting these pictures of some of my Tunnel Hull fleet due to my recent guilt over publicly confessing to enjoying racing my new Gas Whiplash. I full well believe that boats have personalities and feelings and I am concerned that one or more of my tunnels may seek revenge for sharing my nitro love with a gas boat. Therefore, I am sharing my love for these wonderful boats with you to exonerate myself in order to avoid jealously-generated tunnel hull boat systems failures! Enjoy, I sure do. James Beasley - lol.

IMGP0360.JPGIMGP0336.JPGIMGP0338.JPGIMGP0337.JPGIMGP0334.JPGIMGP0329.JPGIMGP0324.JPGIMGP0326.JPGIMGP0342.JPGIMGP0344.JPGIMGP0341.JPGIMGP0340.JPGIMGP0332.JPGIMGP0352.JPGIMGP0354.JPGIMGP0357.JPGIMGP0359.JPGIMGP0345.JPGIMGP0349.JPGheat 17 18 151.JPGIMGP0202.JPGIMGP0201.JPGIMGP0445.JPGIMGP0447.JPGIMGP0417.JPGSavage 67.JPGIMGP0206.JPGRC Boating Nov 08 003.jpgMy New Vision 40.jpg1106101611.jpg

IMGP0329.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, no wonder you run every class at the tunnel champs. If you could figure out how to drive two boats in the same heat you would. :lol:

You actually posted a pic of yourself standing next to Mitch and Tonya....and Steve Hearl. That is FAR worse than any admission of driving a W :eek: hiplash.

James,

If any of those tunnels get pissed off, can't forgive you, and want to leave home, tell them I am a halfway house for unwanted outboards and they always have a home in NC with me!!!!!......... ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, no wonder you run every class at the tunnel champs. If you could figure out how to drive two boats in the same heat you would. :lol:

You actually posted a pic of yourself standing next to Mitch and Tonya....and Steve Hearl. That is FAR worse than any admission of driving a W :eek: hiplash.
Do you recognize the MOD VP? Any history on it?

That Charger is probably worth more than the combined value of every other vehicle parked in that camp ground, and you are using for a boat stand.

That Charger is probably worth more than the combined value of every other vehicle parked in that camp ground, and you are using for a boat stand.

Thanks for the MOPAR shout out!! I know you can see the six inch foam couch cushion between the two. No harm shall come to my MOPAR! 76K miles, one repaint, front buckets recovered in orig material 20 years ago. #s matching front to rear. Kept it in my garage back in TN for the last 7 years but decided to get it out and ride it while I am still alive. Ain't leaving it for someone else to sell-off or abuse! Not a Hemi but you can't have everything in life. Had one just like it when I was 18 years old and almost lost my license as a result. Had to trade it in on a 74 six clyinder automatic Mercury Comet Grabber to kill my need for speed! lol. That was a sad day.

Oh yes I recognize Pinky. That was the boat that kept running out front when we ran 5 identical boats in the district series. It was the fastest of those 5 Gen 1 boats. The gen 1 don't run too good with O.S. on them, little too short for the extra weight and power. Glad to see she is still around though! ;)

Chris Wittrig, Jimmie Johnson. Please tell us some history on the rainbow paint schemed Dumas 20 if you can, think Chris told me he owned it a did well back in the day with it. Thanks, James

James,

That's a fine collection of Tunnels, now the hard question, which one is your favourite????

The Adobe boat was my favorite!!!!! Good ole Leecraft. Let me know if you decide to sell that one.

The Adobe boat was my favorite!!!!! Good ole Leecraft. Let me know if you decide to sell that one.
I and all of my friends at our local club call it honorably the "battleship", because once I got it it seemd really light. We have a lot of wind at our pond throughout the season and I had the vision of putting a 3.5 on it so I did. The next race that we had a bunch of wind it was the winning boat over all of the 3.5 hulls. I run a real strong K&B 3.5 SS with a big prop and it scoots along a good speed right through the worst wind and waves! Dick Loeb loves it as much as I do, and it is a super trainer boat in this configuration. My 4 year old grandson loves to drive it as well. Sorry to say for you I will not be selling it. What a great boat, complete with the "racing scars" that came on the cowling! James

Any history on Erics gas hull

what do you think of it

didnt you run it in SC about 2 or 3 weeks ago

thanks

Marty
I did not get that hull outfitted in time for the big race. I ran my Ellison Racing Concepts hull and it performed wonderfully, just had some "new boat rigging and equipment issues" that kept me off of the top of the podium. Getting run over did not help either. I intend to outfit it soon(2 to 3 months) and will report on it at that time. It is not pictured here as I have yet to get the cowling painted. later, James

James have you ever been called a HOARDER. I thought I was bad,im cured..Nice boats

James,

That's a fine collection of Tunnels, now the hard question, which one is your favourite????
Well my all time favorite tunnel is not pictured as it is in the repair hanger. It is my old and faithful blue and yellow HTB 360 that won me four club 7.5 class championships. Ran that boat four years with the same motor, same setup, same servos, same prop and it drove and ran like slick silk! Only after the CMB 45RS ate a glow plug did it slow down on me. I had the engine redone by Steve Wood and the boat was never the same afterward. No malice intended to Wood, rather the boat did not like the new engine, did not ride the same and due to handling changes it came face to face with a tree root in Centreville two years ago. I will likely rebuild that hull and try it with a new powerplant, maybe a RRK! We know how to make them go now. I'll see if I can find an old picture of it in its glory days and add it to the gallery. My favotire of the running boats has to be my yellow with purple flames HTB 290. Very much like the 360 above, reliable, great handling and fast enough. Ha a JP modded NR on it air-cooled. I do really like my new yellow Lynx 3.5 Mod, and my new yellow and blue 7.5 Vision with RRK. Both really groove and are very fast. Thanks for asking, James

James have you ever been called a HOARDER. I thought I was bad,im cured..Nice boats
Hoarder NO, Addict, YES! I fully acknowledge my problem and have no desire to be cured! My deal is I don't buy something unless I really want it, and if I want it I rarely ever feel inclined to depart with it. That philosophy unfortunately conflicts with spatial limitations. lol

Latest posts

Back