Who's up for a round of-

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Look true Iwrin 40 tuned pipe already cut about 2 inches off ;) If you put tig welding add extra pipe 2 inches great good well

Last edited by a moderator:
That is an Irwin 40 with the stinger cut off and a hunk of brass stuck in it and the header is a bit short I would not be surprised if that came out of a familiar collection of junk I know of :)

NEXT

That is an Irwin 40 with the stinger cut off and a hunk of brass stuck in it and the header is a bit short I would not be surprised if that came out of a familiar collection of junk I know of :)
NEXT
Norm , the stinger is still there, the brass was slipped over the end for a rear mount size issue , it will slide off - sorta :blink:I think. Kidding, it slides right off- ;)

And yes Rod, your welcome to try it if you like- sent you a PM.

Andy

Nick got round one...
Where's the next pipe?
This one was fun the last time around- lets see how many different guesses we get this time- ;)

30hyd5y.jpg

Andy

Since I used to work at Mac's products, I can tell you-------- first it is a very old MAC's pipe, ----------second they didn't make a 40 sized pipe then, but made a 10cc pipe and a 8.5cc pipe. the 8.5cc pipe was very much like the 10cc one pictured, it used the same parts of this one, but cut alittle out of the middle fat part. The removal of the middle made the seam area look more pointed, (ie the 10cc's seam was almost in a flat spot). Also the 10cc (muffled) had a longer can than the 8.5 cc(muffled). I think they were made around 1970-1980. I bet you would be surprized at how well they will run on a current engine, 8.5 on a 7.5 and 10cc on a 67. After Mac's came out with the current style airplane and marine pipes, some boaters called and wanted Mac's to make a special run of the old style 10cc pipes!! Maybe Don Maher can comment, I think they were from So Cal. PS. The one pictured looks to be shortened at the lead-in end. Rudy

Thats the most informative information shared YET on this old dog. I knew it was an airplane pipe, but had no idea of it's history. What length would you even start at in an inboard boat application, if one was ever so inclined- its a long sucker.

Andy

PS. Thanks for sharing the knowledge.....

Back