Sneak Peak O.E.R.'s "XX" Gas 1/4 Scale Tunnel Tuned Pipe.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

topfuel443

Vendor
Ok guys, I have the first batch of these pipes being sent out to the welders right now. I wanted to share some photos of them mocked up....

These are Quickdraw "Hot Pipes", that have been re-designed by OER to work with our Outboards. They utilize a flex coupler, that soaks up the vibration that normally causes cracked pipes. They will be available for Quick Draw engines and also for Zenoah engines with a provided adapter plate. They will come with all mounting hardware and header, ready to bolt on and run.

The total weight, including pipe, header, flex coupler, mount plate, springs, mouting screws and WITHOUT the additional welding is 11.0 ounces.

Pricing to be announced soon.

~James

IMG_0403.jpg

IMG_0402.jpg

IMG_0401.jpg

IMG_0400.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
cool! you doing them yourself? polish that up...bling,bling. very nice looking pipe assembly. gonna have a muffler available?

Its a steel pipe, so it will likely be painted.

Yes, im doing them in house, with a little help from Quickdraw of course.

The Cooper .500" muffler fits right on the end of the pipe, and we have those in stock.

~James

Hey James,

Lookin good!

Have you run one yet?

The pipe actually looks like a big Silver Bullit doesen't it.

I was wondering if the length the same as the QD pipe.

Thanks for the pics!

JAMES, Looks very nice. It's looks like a Silver Pipe.

It doesn't have any inlet water to keep cool, Why?

JAMES, Looks very nice. It's looks like a Silver Pipe.
It doesn't have any inlet water to keep cool, Why?
The pipe is a Quickdraw hot pipe.

They normally don't have water cooling through the pipe.

The 2 Quickdraw pipes I have and my CC Racing pipes all run dry.

Also,the SPP pipe on my gas OB that I/m running now is also dry.

I'm sure you could add the water it if you would like,but probably not necessary.

Just my $.02.

WALT, Can I fit this pipe with my Zenoah mod. with a J&G top kit end?

I saw a litle space betwen the pipe and the round water jacket, remember the J&G water jacket is square.

WALT, Can I fit this pipe with my Zenoah mod. with a J&G top kit end?
I saw a litle space betwen the pipe and the round water jacket, remember the J&G water jacket is square.
Carlos,

It looks like it should fit.The square corners shouldn't interfere at all.

I also have a J&G top end on one of my motors but unfortunatly the J&G kits are not legal for our OB series.

Hi guys, Carlos, everything Walt says holds true. No need for water cooling the header, and the pipe has more clearance than the picture shows. Also, with the flex coupler, it moves where you need it within reason. I wanted to keep it as close to the engine as possible for weight distribution.

I am positive it will fit the JG jug.

Thanks! ~James

James

Again a very outstanding job there.

All in all I think James is now one of the guys thats a great enrichment for our hobby with all the stuff he has to offer.

Keep the good work up B)

Ronald.

Ok guys, I have the first batch of these pipes being sent out to the welders right now. I wanted to share some photos of them mocked up....
These are Quickdraw "Hot Pipes", that have been re-designed by OER to work with our Outboards. They utilize a flex coupler, that soaks up the vibration that normally causes cracked pipes. They will be available for Quick Draw engines and also for Zenoah engines with a provided adapter plate. They will come with all mounting hardware and header, ready to bolt on and run.

The total weight, including pipe, header, flex coupler, mount plate, springs, mouting screws and WITHOUT the additional welding is 11.0 ounces.

Pricing to be announced soon.

~James

IMG_0403.jpg

IMG_0402.jpg

IMG_0401.jpg

IMG_0400.jpg
do you have these pipes in stock and how much are they

Nope, this project came to a screaching halt at the welders. I just need to find someone who can TIG weld thin steel. I have a few other things in the works, but nothing ready yet.

Sorry I missed your call John, I will try to give you a shout today.

Thanks, James

Hi James, very nice Q.D. Pipe I have four of dos pipes from Q.D. on monos and cats, they are magic pipes, anyway I already have contact Peter to order the the Tunnel Hull once ((( Variants 6 Carbon / Kevlar / epoxyam))) now I am waiting for his reply, and I have the auther order ready to send to you for the rest of the out board and the hardwear, so when Peter conferm the shiping I will send you the order. Thanks a lot Pal.

Winston

If you can't get anything done close to you, box them up and send them to Archdale, I can help.

mike b

Nope, this project came to a screaching halt at the welders. I just need to find someone who can TIG weld thin steel. I have a few other things in the works, but nothing ready yet.
Sorry I missed your call John, I will try to give you a shout today.

Thanks, James
would you sell it just stamp not welded i have somebody here in tampa fl that can do it

Back