proboat .15 ELAM

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

P THOMAS

Supporting Member
Vendor
Got a new boater that wants to go faster.

Anyone messing with the dynamite .15 motor? What head clearance can you run? One I checked with a .008 shim had .019 head clearance. Can you run these tighter? can you use higher than 20% nitro fuel? What about any exhaust port timming mods?

What is a better tuned pipe?

Ordered a new Grim racer turn fin for the boat Had to redrill the mount so we could align the fin 90 degrees to the table or it would be bent out way too far. the angled sponson back made the mount sit at an angle like the stock one but you cant run the grim fin that way. It should be at 90 degrees.

Last edited by a moderator:
Phil, just so ya know if this boat gets modified it will have to race as a mod or a sport 20. I am referring to inside engine mods & tuned pipes. At least this is what I have understood, but all clubs are different.

Paul

Phil, just so ya know if this boat gets modified it will have to race as a mod or a sport 20. I am referring to inside engine mods & tuned pipes. At least this is what I have understood, but all clubs are different.

Paul
Well who knows what will be the final rule. We have stock looking outboard motor class.

Im just asking what has been done.

Guess no one knows HA

Phil, if he has the need for speed he supposedly upgrade to the Aquacraft .18 or get the new Dynamite .18 for it. Using the Dynamite .18 should keep the boat legal. The HPI .15 SS is a bolt in also and nuch faster, you can even use the Dynamite's water cooled head on it. Whether or not it would be considered legal, that would depend on what rules they're using in your area.

Phil, if he has the need for speed he supposedly upgrade to the Aquacraft .18 or get the new Dynamite .18 for it. Using the Dynamite .18 should keep the boat legal. The HPI .15 SS is a bolt in also and nuch faster, you can even use the Dynamite's water cooled head on it. Whether or not it would be considered legal, that would depend on what rules they're using in your area.
Yes that is what we will see. we have not had any racing out here yet to see what they have to race. Evansville will be running RTR sporthydro proboats and vegas and i guess whatever elsr shows up that would run about the same speed.

Ron what you think about that head clearance?

Yes, you can run the head clearance tighter as they add the shim for low nitro and break-in. Most of the owners manuals are saying to remove it anyway after break-in.

Latest posts

Back