I've been away for a while, but good to see the forum still kickin'. Last time I ran my NR .46 was with a lynx-cut 1450. Is there anything new out these days?

It's a Vision hull, for now.

Cheers to all my friends!

-Joey

Joey,

Some are doing rather well with the ABC 1914-17-45%

I do quite a few outboard propellers, but not always a lot of feedback

from our customers?

Happy Holidays,

Mark Sholund

Edited by shoboat

11 hours ago, Alan Elzer said:

You got to run quiet pipes or a silencer now. But I still like that 1450 prop

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Hey Alan, long time no see. Thanks for the response, I need to get up with you on a few things. I'll shoot you a PM or an email soon.  Anyway, I wasn't aware of the more strict sound requirements. I should have looked into that more seriously a few years ago. Ill need to address that soonish, I reckon. 

The 1450 was the only prop that I ran on my D boat. Minus whatever it was that Carl let me borrow at the last HSV race I ran in.

2 hours ago, shoboat said:

Joey,

Some are doing rather well with the ABC 1914-17-45%

I do quite a few outboard propellers, but not always a lot of feedback

from our customers?

Happy Holidays,

Mark Sholund

My 1450 came from you and ran well it seemed. I folded it up on a poor launch in shallow water. Haven't heard about the 1914, I will look into that as well. I may be sending an order or two you way in a while. Thanks for the info!

-Joey

4 hours ago, Carl Van Houten said:

Joey,

I think that was a 450 I gave you in Huntsville. Maybe you can check to see if the marking on the hub are legible. 

-Carl

Ok, good to note. I think that I liked the way that ran. However, I mailed it back to you the following week B)

3 hours ago, dave roach said:

On the Thor 7.5 Nova Rossi with a 18-14 prop..I built a club member boat and set it up and it's very fast.

Dave.

Thanks for the data-point, Dave. I'll make sure to do some research on that too.

-Joey

I have seen some 1450's run well on the Vision. That said I like the ABC's and X series better. The 1/4 mile record was with a cut down X448 and the 1/3rd mile we ran the 1915 ABC. We have not had great success with the 1915 heat racing. If I could have only one prop it would be an X547.  Then an 1815 for heats. Run deeper with less diameter and finish. JMO

Mic

Edited by HTV Boats

on my hulls with the Nova46, the 19-15 prop Brian is talking about was awesome...I found it really pushed the nose in hard, bucked the rear and handled like crap...but once at a good speed (over about 100KPH/65mph) it was great

Mind you, that was for SAW records with prop a little deeper and slight more angle than an oval setup.

hope this adds help :)