OPS 45

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zach Davis

Supporting Member
I was wondering if the ops 45 stock would be competitive in todays world with the 45 picco's and CMB45rs or CMB45hr. It would be for a Phil Thomas Sport 40 . Thanks,

Zach

I was wondering if the ops 45 stock would be competitive in todays world with the 45 picco's and CMB45rs or CMB45hr. It would be for a Phil Thomas Sport 40 . Thanks,Zach
2nd place at the IMPBA nats was a OPS drum rotor motor. Good motor for the money. Id find a better carb like a Geraghty or C/B Carl Brey

Last edited by a moderator:
I was wondering if the ops 45 stock would be competitive in todays world with the 45 picco's and CMB45rs or CMB45hr. It would be for a Phil Thomas Sport 40 . Thanks,Zach
2nd place at the IMPBA nats was a OPS drum rotor motor. Good motor for the money. Id find a better carb like a Geraghty or C/B Carl Brey
hi, i have a carl brey "ehx thr" for a ops 45. brand new. $75 shipped. mike.

Are the disc motors any good and what about parts availability.
Terry
You can get parts down under,with out much trouble you can install a k/b billet housing and drum. pitch the disc or just find a ops with the later drum from ops

I was wondering if the ops 45 stock would be competitive in todays world with the 45 picco's and CMB45rs or CMB45hr.[/size] It would be for a Phil Thomas Sport 40 . Thanks,Zach
hi, i have a carl brey "ehx thr" for a ops 45. brand new. $75 shipped. mike. 

Thanks for the offer. I allready have a nice collection of Geraghty and C/B carbs. Also thanks for the info Mikey. :D

Zach

Yea Phil got lucky at the Nats. We won the heat racing event after a runoff with him, then broke a 4 year old motor and didn't put in a time in the ovals. Came back with a 2nd in the straightaway event for an overall 2nd. All of our OPS motors use the K&B drum Assmy's and Carl Brey carbs. They run very strong and we use 1455 props on our sport 40's.

Gaday Guys

Yes there a bloke down under his name is Brian Mcellar of X cell products heres his site www.xcellproducts.com.au

Also i use to run the OPS motors for years with the 45 we ran the .67-.80 slide carb and that worked great .Brad

Last edited by a moderator:
An OPS 45 with an OPS .67 pipe and a carb. is a cheap fast set-up and will run with the best. Parts are easy to get. Don

Hello Zach .

This is a reply from Australia . I have run a OPS 45 disc motor in a Sprintcat cat for some time and recently ran it after a motor rebuild . I was surprised at the lack of performance until I realised that it had a OPS 6280 ( 67 ) nitro pipe instead of the usual OPS 6290 ( 60 ) silenced pipe . I only use a maximum of 30 % nitro in my motors with a factory slide carby . I also have a OPS 45 drum motor with a OPS 6290 ( 60 ) pipe in a Sport 40 boat , however I am still getting used to driving this boat . Hopefully this helps with your enquiries .

Regards

Ian Baas

Tall Fella Racing

Australia

zach,,did you get this engine from me????? i cant remember,,, if it is my old engine that should have already had a ops .67 slide carb on it... that engine should be good just the way it is...

alden

Back