cutting a prather prop

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moparbarn

most of the info i have found on prop modding seems to relate to octura or abc props. the few people i have talked to about cutting a prather said the cuts for other props didn't help a prather-mostly made them worse. i've done a few octura's, and had good luck so far-picked up 3 mph on my .21 tunnel (thanx to topfuel443!). have a couple prathers, and was wondering where to start?any suggestions? pics would be nice. thanx in advance.

is this why all the info ignores prathers? anybody........? hello, anybody............. :unsure:

Moparbarn Don't shy away from Prather props for 3.5 mod tunnel . I have had good results with a sharpened and balanced 215 . It is very docile on the low end and can produce real good top end with a short pipe with a 14 degree convergent cone . If you need more info on the whole setup combination , I will be glad to share . ERNIE

I've run them as a basic set up prop for years, i dont mod my own props, but plan to. Ernie, offhand, what's the divergence on an old school stamped Irwin? My Marty Slater WOF proto is currently pushing a S/B 215 with a CMB "greenie'/lawless...... pipes up right now, and stays there, top end is pretty radical too... boat might make 50..... test to do..... Mopar, getting into props, also, you never know till you try....... get the tools, I did..... Ernie had some great props for sale awhile ago, what say Ernie? good luck mike

Moparbarn Don't shy away from Prather props for 3.5 mod tunnel . I have had good results with a sharpened and balanced 215 . It is very docile on the low end and can produce real good top end with a short pipe with a 14 degree convergent cone . If you need more info on the whole setup combination , I will be glad to share . ERNIE
i'm playing with a BONE STOCK 12mm crank k&b. original perry carb with a .199 throat (black carb-stock on later 12mm motors-is .245). have it on a ts1-great planes. a stock 215 is a little too much prop for that combo. i've run 42.7 with a x440, tongue cut, trimmed down to 38.5 mm, and a little more pitch at the tips. the stock 215 would run just shy of 39. just playing, want to see what a stock 12mm will do on 40%. on my dumas hot shot sprint with a 13mm k&b with the prather mod kit, a 220 s&b runs the best, so far. 50.4 once, normally high 49's. i've got 2 more 215's on the way, it's time to cut! just wanted some ideas related specifically to prather props. trying not to create scrap metal. it's gonna happen if i cut props, just don't want the junk pile too big :p .

Rob, dont know if I'd "cut" on the 215, as much as cup.... this'll be a fine tune operation at best, too, I've found on the ones I have that s/b is just as well, the 13mm will definitely beg for more pitch and conversely the speed that comes with it..... 640 reduced to 37mm and cupped to taste...... one of the best secrets in tunnels of late: James' OER sport 442, super nice work, and one of my best all range props to date.... more testing..........

MORE TESTING - that's most of the fun. props, height, nitro%, angle, setback, balance point, total weight - so many EXCUSES to go burn some more nitro :rolleyes: . i love it!

Back