Zenoah Mono Boats

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RichardB

Maybe a forum should be made for the big pull start engines ?

My question is for those guys who race the Zenoah's

What would be the Top 3 fastest mono boats out there in the 26 cc Zenoah Class ?

And how close is the 2nd and 3rd place mfg ?

additional question.

Anyone know anything about this boat and how competitive it woudl be in oval racing ? ArrowShark FlyingDragon

As always thank you very much for your knowledge

thats a hard one to answer. Alot of the mono's have proven to be fast and capable of winning with the right combo and driver. The best hull on the planet with the wrong setup can lose to a hull that is known to not perform well to begin with.

Im partial to the Insane mono's myself since i have two and thats what i race. But you cant go wrong with a Lazer, XXX, Hurricane, Microburst, Stryker Y6, ....even a Ducer. Any of these hulls can be fast and competitive as long as the setup is right.

Ive seen the Arrowshark in action, and they do ok... again, coming down to the setup!

Tom doesn't have a gas boat forum in here for one simple reason, Jim's RC Boat Dock is the best gas boat forum site around and he can't see trying to do something better than what they've already done and been doing for years.

I was real close to buying Kevin Sheren's Arrowshark mono last Saturday at the Gas Nat's but didn't. I did buy another mono there though and am now shopping for a powerplant.

You asked on another thread about the best Zenoah's. That will depend who you ask. you'll hear the names CC Racing, Toxic Al, Butch The Boatman and a slew of others. Myself, I'm kind of leaning towards getting a Sikk right now as they are putting out about an extra 1 HP out of the box over the Zen's.

Like Rigged said, any boat can win on any given day with the right driver and the right setup, the same as with a nitro or electric boat.

Maybe a forum should be made for the big pull start engines ?
My question is for those guys who race the Zenoah's

What would be the Top 3 fastest mono boats out there in the 26 cc Zenoah Class ?

And how close is the 2nd and 3rd place mfg ?

additional question.

Anyone know anything about this boat and how competitive it would be in oval racing ? ArrowShark FlyingDragon

As always thank you very much for your knowledge
Richard,

In no particular order:

Insane

Lazer 45

Hurricane

In my opinion these are the best three boats for gas power, set up right you can win with any of these hulls. I think each of these hulls come with instructions on how to set them up correctly. The Arrowshark is a good boat for the stock mono class. It is my opinion that you will have a hard time with it in LS27 or G-1 against the faster boats in rough water.

Hope that helps.

On the west coast, the most popular and competitive mono's are the:

1. Insane mono

2. RC Boatworks mono (Rigo and Ron)

3. Seaducer Sprint

The fastest mono have seen in heat trim was a QD powered Ducer. For the Seaducer's a high rev versus a high torque motor seems to be the key. Insane and Rigo's mono's both run very well with Zen's or QD's

Tyler

Dear all,

I just saw the new 44" mono called Sniper from the Delta Force website, they have a video that running with JG Engine, it is ready a fst running.

www.deltaforce-hk.com

the video link

www.deltaforce-hk.com/video/sniper_jg.wmv

thomas chan

Don't forget the Lazer 45. To get an idea of what has been winning at the NAMBA Nationals over the years, look at the results listed at www.namba.com

Lohring Miller

Dear all,

I just saw the new 44" mono called Sniper from the Delta Force website, they have a video that running with JG Engine, it is ready a fst running.

www.deltaforce-hk.com

the video link

www.deltaforce-hk.com/video/sniper_jg.wmv

thomas chan

The JG engine. Is this a brand of engine different than the Zenoah ? or a company that modifieds a Zenoah engine ?

This engine in the boat on the video ? How many CC is it ?

Don't forget the Lazer 45. To get an idea of what has been winning at the NAMBA Nationals over the years, look at the results listed at www.namba.com
Lohring Miller
Lohring.. Thank You. always respected thru the years your guidance and opinions. best to you Lohring

Tom doesn't have a gas boat forum in here for one simple reason, Jim's RC Boat Dock is the best gas boat forum site around and he can't see trying to do something better than what they've already done and been doing for years.I was real close to buying Kevin Sheren's Arrowshark mono last Saturday at the Gas Nat's but didn't. I did buy another mono there though and am now shopping for a powerplant.

You asked on another thread about the best Zenoah's. That will depend who you ask. you'll hear the names CC Racing, Toxic Al, Butch The Boatman and a slew of others. Myself, I'm kind of leaning towards getting a Sikk right now as they are putting out about an extra 1 HP out of the box over the Zen's.

Like Rigged said, any boat can win on any given day with the right driver and the right setup, the same as with a nitro or electric boat.
This Sikk engine is it different than zenoha ? how big is it ? is the 26 cc faster than the zenoah 26 cc ?

Richard

Richard,

The Sikk is made by CK to compete with and is a different engine than the Zenoah.It's offered in 25 and 27cc versions.The 25cc engines can also be upgraded to 27.

The CY motor does make more power.But it also has balance issues and the durability is lacking. The last Sikk I ran, shook like you wouldn't believe, but it was fast doing so.

If you plan on doing any mods, the Zenoah will accept them much better and really shine.

But,for $200+ bucks, the Sikk is hard to beat for the speed it has out of the box.

The J&G is another as is the Quickdraw. But those last 2 are top of the line and very expensive. They're manufactured from solid stock and not cast.

If you want something really fast and reliable, contact Carlo at CC Racing. He'll treat ya right.

http://hometown.aol.com/ccracingengines/index.html

Last edited by a moderator:
The Sikk (Chung Yang) is basicly a copy of the zenoah, modded right out of the box... but its a 2-bolt jug instead of 4 bolt. The earlier ones had problems with the chrome plating pealing off but the new ones seem to be holding up pretty good. As with any motor, they will suffer damage real quick with a full throttle dunking. I watched a microburst mono with a stock 25.4 sikk with just a lightened piston RIP at the GA Champs. That boat was faster then alot of the fullmod 260 boats.

After just recently putting a QD25HT in my cat, i dont think ill be buying anymore Zenoahs. :eek:

The Sikk (Chung Yang) is basicly a copy of the zenoah, modded right out of the box... but its a 2-bolt jug instead of 4 bolt. The earlier ones had problems with the chrome plating pealing off but the new ones seem to be holding up pretty good. As with any motor, they will suffer damage real quick with a full throttle dunking. I watched a microburst mono with a stock 25.4 sikk with just a lightened piston RIP at the GA Champs. That boat was faster then alot of the fullmod 260 boats.

After just recently putting a QD25HT in my cat, i dont think ill be buying anymore Zenoahs. :eek:

Where is the gas nats in 2008 and when ?

Back