• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB tunnel hull for a 13cc OB engine

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gratte-tout

Hi,

I'm Fabrice, Gratte-tout here, living in France.

I just bought a K&B outboard engine, it seems to be a special serie, but I'm not sure.

post-14-1201553740.jpg

It's all in black, and it's mounted with a high torque muffler.

So I'm looking for a prather lapcat III hull, if someone has got one never used or in good condition..

I can't find anyone on Ebay, I'm checking everyday..

Think I'm living far from you, so check the shipping costs please.

Thanks.

Regards.

Hi Fabrice, I own a small shop at my home here in Germany and sell mostly all outboard parts. Shipping to France is no problem, and since it comes from Germany you dont pay fees. I dont recommend getting the prather lapcat, it is not a good boat. For that engine, an HTB360 would work very well.

Let me know if I can help you. www.ovalexpressracing.com

Hi Fabrice, I own a small shop at my home here in Germany and sell mostly all outboard parts. Shipping to France is no problem, and since it comes from Germany you dont pay fees. For that engine, an HTB360 would work very well.

I dont recommend getting the prather lapcat, it is not a good boat.

That is low. Must you say such a thing. :( I don't intend to start a bashing trend. Peace.

Thanks for your link topfuel443. As I saw it on your website, shipping costs seems to be included, almost to France?

Why did you say the lapcat is not a good hull? A new many who runs very well, even if I didn't see others running (perhaps better?)

Hi Fabrice, I own a small shop at my home here in Germany and sell mostly all outboard parts. Shipping to France is no problem, and since it comes from Germany you dont pay fees. For that engine, an HTB360 would work very well.

I dont recommend getting the prather lapcat, it is not a good boat.

That is low. Must you say such a thing. :( I don't intend to start a bashing trend. Peace.
I think what James might have been trying to say is that the lap cat is not the best boat for that application in his opinion. I tend to agree with James in this aspect as the lap cat is very difficult to get a good setup and almost impossible to make competitive on a racing circuit. I am certain that he is not trying to start a bashing trend!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scott is right, nothing low about it dude. Just the truth. If you want a good boat, get an HTB, Leecraft, or something on that level. I will say one thing good about the prather, they are built pretty tough. Thats the best I can do, the rest is very outdated, and doesnt work well.

I have owned them all, and they dont work. I wont appologize for my opinion.

Sorry to clog up your thread Fabrice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fabrice, for a good idea of what boats are some of the best, look at the entry list to this years world tunel champs. It is located here. >>Click<<

~James

No problem, I'm open onthe suject, I don't know th tunnel hulls.

I may have a look on leecraft one too.

Just another question, what about the aaromarine tunnel, the Preditor??

No problem, I'm open onthe suject, I don't know th tunnel hulls.I may have a look on leecraft one too.

Just another question, what about the aaromarine tunnel, the Preditor??
The predator is a little nicer boat than the lapcat but I would still recommend the HTB. Mark Hopper makes a top notch boat. They are easy to set up and easy to get. The price may be scaring you a little but I a sure you you will not be disappointed. ;)

The price is not a problem : the $ still very low regarding to the €!! 370$= 250€!!!

It's quite a nice price here.

James, you've got a pm.

i have run a htb 290 n/r powered and my favorate is my b/m leecraft 7.5 pro. both excellent boats. if you really wanted a lap cat 111 i wish you let me know sooner, i threw it in the trash

Back