• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB - PTO to suit Novarossi 5 or 7 port to OS.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tim_Duggan

Wanted to buy. A PTO assembly to suit a 5 port or 7 port or 14.0mm crank 35 plus Novarossi, that matches the OS lower.

Anyone able to help?

Thanks in advance,

Tim

Wanted to buy. A PTO assembly to suit a 5 port or 7 port or 14.0mm crank 35 plus Novarossi, that matches the OS lower.

Anyone able to help?

Thanks in advance,

Tim
Tim,I am thinking the new NR 21 outboard PTO will work.

Last edited by a moderator:
If the factory NR outboard has a 14.5 mm crank as I believe they do,the pto housing would have to be reduced in diameter to fit a 14 mm case. I don't have a micrometer handy, but measuring with a digital very near caliper,the back plate from my 14.5mm 35+ is roughly a bit over 1 mm larger in diameter than the back plate from my 5 port, and can't be interchanged. Tim, I have a complete lights conversion in an RB concept C6 on my Vision. The engine has about a gallon and a half of fuel through it., I can pull the conversion parts out and send them your way if you are interested, then you will have the pto you need plus a spare crank and flywheel. pm me and we can work out the details.

Larry

That answers my question. Maybe by chance the PTO backplate is smaller and might fit? Im not home or I would pull one out of a motor and measure. Glenn may know for sure.

Thanks for your efforts Guys!

Really want to get the factory Nova engine at some stage but for now I'm hopeful someone will have a spare PTO around to suit what I have. (14.0mm crank 35 plus that uses the 25.8mm OD 16800 rear bearing) I already have a few 14.0mm O/B crankshafts + flywheels and spare inboard motors, just need a PTO to go with it!

Larry - couldn't expect you to do that for me but thanks for the generous offer! Keep that motor together!

Still hopeful someone out there has a Lights PTO they would part with.

I have a tecno PTO, it's OD is smaller. It fits the older 25.4mm rear bearing nova's with just a bolt hole re-alignment though. The newer Nova's have a larger rear bearing OD (25.8mm) and therefore the hole in the case is larger.

Thanks for your efforts Guys!

Really want to get the factory Nova engine at some stage but for now I'm hopeful someone will have a spare PTO around to suit what I have. (14.0mm crank 35 plus that uses the 25.8mm OD 16800 rear bearing) I already have a few 14.0mm O/B crankshafts + flywheels and spare inboard motors, just need a PTO to go with it!

Larry - couldn't expect you to do that for me but thanks for the generous offer! Keep that motor together!

Still hopeful someone out there has a Lights PTO they would part with.
No problem Tim, offer still stands, I have other engines to take it's place if need be.

Oops. They fit a GO a friend of mine is running and I was told they fit the nova's 14mm version engines as well.

It would be great option if they did fit a Nova......

Tim, I'm sure KRE can make a PTO housing, and just use an OS PTO shaft and OS bearings.

The older nova RX21's with a 25.4mm rear bearing will work with the TP PTO. Same rear bearing size as a GO. The only work required is to re-align the bolt holes in the PTO - they are slightly off. The TOP 5m and 7m, as well as the 35PLUSMS2/N use a 25.8mm rear bearing.

It would be great option if they did fit a Nova......

Tim, I'm sure KRE can make a PTO housing, and just use an OS PTO shaft and OS bearings.
Might have to be the way to go unless I can track down something asap. Want it for BotB so that Boom can run one of my boats. Do you have any spare OS PTO shafts Brad? I don't unfortunately.

**edit. nevermind, though I had a couple. Looks like I have 3 OS PTO assembly's with bearings, but not a single one of them has the PTO shaft in it. **

Yep, I can hook you up with a PTO shaft.

Won't be able to get my hands on one till the weekend though.

Back