• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB MAC 84 BLOCK

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I remember correctly the mac 84 used the 67 case -- the 67,s need to be bored out so if you can get someone to do it it might be easier to find them -- just saying
Internally the ports are bigger in the 84 case, but I have bored out some 67 cases to accept the 84 liner.

If I remember correctly the mac 84 used the 67 case -- the 67,s need to be bored out so if you can get someone to do it it might be easier to find them -- just saying
Internally the ports are bigger in the 84 case, but I have bored out some 67 cases to accept the 84 liner.
Hey Andy how did it run and did you work over the case to let it flow right.

Hey Charles,

I bored some cases for Don and sent them on.

However the first 50 MAC 84's were built into the original SMALL PORT 67 cases and they actually ran well, but did better when I ported some of them. The bigger port 67 cases have even more area than I could cut into the the original cases, so I doubt you would see much difference in a race boat set up.

Hey Charles,

However the first 50 MAC 84's were built into the original SMALL PORT 67 cases and they actually ran well, but did better when I ported some of them. The bigger port 67 cases have even more area than I could cut into the the original cases, so I doubt you would see much difference in a race boat set up.
Yup and they worked great. I wish we could still get the last version MAC 84's new, they were the best 80 sized engines I ever ran.
default_smile.png

Hey Charles,

Yup and they worked great. I wish we could still get the last version MAC 84's new, they were the best 80 sized engines I ever ran.
default_smile.png
I still remember when I came back to the nitro racing seen about 5-6 years ago, Tom Foley had a pair of MAC 84's in his twin he calls the "red wagon" that thing was bad fast with them 84's. I agree it would be great to bring them back.

Back