• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB MAC 21 header & MAC 45 outboard

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darin christensen

I`m looking for a MAC 21 90 degree header & spare parts. I`m also looking MAC 45 outboard stuff anything from parts to a complete engine. If anyone has anything collecting dust that they want to sell please send me a pm or email [email protected] with pics, prices & paypal info. Thanks for looking.

Darin;

That adapter will not work with a Mac 45. The Mac is a 2 piece case (IE: no screws behind the flywheel to hold the adapter in place)

The adapter you posted a link to is for an EVO or RS type engine, there are 4 case screws that hold the front (flywheel side) plate on.

Darin;

That adapter will not work with a Mac 45. The Mac is a 2 piece case (IE: no screws behind the flywheel to hold the adapter in place)

The adapter you posted a link to is for an EVO or RS type engine, there are 4 case screws that hold the front (flywheel side) plate on.
I didn`t know that I`m always learning lol. I have a couple purple head CMB 45`s I`ve been wanting to play with and I want to build a outboard so I`m looking for a adapter that will work with the purple head. Thanks for the info.
default_smile.png

Darin;

I didn`t know that I`m always learning lol. I have a couple purple head CMB 45`s I`ve been wanting to play with and I want to build a outboard so I`m looking for a adapter that will work with the purple head. Thanks for the info.
default_smile.png
Which purple head 45's do you have?

Darin;

default_smile.png
Which purple head 45's do you have?
photo.JPG

1.JPG

Your motors have the same problem as the MAC. The OB adpaters were made for an RS or EVO style motor. The RVO/RS motors are at least 1" shorter than your motors due to the different crankshaft setup. It is possible to make a mount that would work, but the issue then would be the motor height due to the longer crankshaft nose. YOu realy need an RS or EVO style CMB motor to put on the OB foot. You might also be able to find a Nelson or Novarossi 45 (or other crank ported motor)......they mount the same as the K&B once you have a PTO outdrive.

Your motors have the same problem as the MAC. The OB adpaters were made for an RS or EVO style motor. The RVO/RS motors are at least 1" shorter than your motors due to the different crankshaft setup. It is possible to make a mount that would work, but the issue then would be the motor height due to the longer crankshaft nose. YOu realy need an RS or EVO style CMB motor to put on the OB foot. You might also be able to find a Nelson or Novarossi 45 (or other crank ported motor)......they mount the same as the K&B once you have a PTO outdrive.
Good info I`m glad I started this thread I`m learning some good stuff here. I have a MAC21 outboard with a Lawless lower leg that`s just missing the header inorder to be complete. I guess I`ll save the 45`s for a rigger or mono project. Thanks

Contact Glenn Q on here and get a Nova Rossi .21 Outboard Header

Or Contact Stu Barr and get a CMB one. The Nova one is nicer but either will work

If you want a .45 Outboard the Nova .46 is the best choice IMHO also from Glenn Q

Contact Glenn Q on here and get a Nova Rossi .21 Outboard Header

Or Contact Stu Barr and get a CMB one. The Nova one is nicer but either will work

If you want a .45 Outboard the Nova .46 is the best choice IMHO also from Glenn Q
That`s great thanks for your help ...

Darin

A CMB outb header will go right on it. I've had that motors before and it worked for me.

Back